anyone use a steamer for car cleaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thinking of getting on to clean my vehicles. i watch a few vid and they seem to be great for hard to get to places especially dash board and console.

So if you have one was it worth the cost? does it clean as good or better than spray and wipe?

https://www.amazon.com/AutoRight-SteamMachine-C900054-M-Multi-Purpose-Upholstery/dp/B01JYVLF0Y/ref=sr_1_35?crid=1WGP10QVFPP01&keywords=steamer+for+cleaning&qid=1555181645&s=gateway&sprefix=steamer+for+%2Caps%2C222&sr=8-35

They work good for heavy cleaning of fabric seats and carpet that are stained as well as any other upholstered areas like a headliner. Is it worth it? My opinion is no. There are good products that can do just as well for far less cost.

Detailers may use them due to their workload. For the average guy it's not worth it.

I just bought a steamer from Costco online- it seems to be a rebranded mccullough 1275. Checked specs and it was similar.

I LOVE it, I bought it to clean my filthy Prius interior (2004). I didn't want to use water extraction because I was worried it wouldn't dry and would smell bad.

The steamer left the inside dry pretty quick (2-3 hours was pretty good). I used super clean to pre treat at 10:1 with water.

I used it to clean the door panels, center console, carpets, and seats. In the house I have used it on the tile and grout. It's amazing. PS don't use APC on all your plastic, it may cause some staining. Test first in a small spot if you are worried. When the steam hit the super clean on my plastic it made some of it turn a different color.

I have one of those McCullough branded steamers. They do a really good job of cleaning nooks and crannies as well as cleaning any pebble-grain-like surfaces that tend to be difficult with just cloth and APC. And, they are very good for removing spot stains on vehicle fabrics. But, I do use my carpet cleaner with hand-held attachment for cleaning large areas such as fabric seats, auto carpet, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back