Anyone running Locast?

JHZR2

Staff member
If so, is it working?

I barely ever watch tv, and haven’t watched a single football game all season (that’s not saying much, I only watch a few any season), but wanted to see the Super Bowl... Locast app is not loading on the fire stick, and seems to have been removed from my Samsung TV.

Good thing CBS is coming in perfectly OTA. But Locast will not load, just stays on the splash screen.

Everything else works perfect.

Anyone else see this?

BTW, both TV and Fire stick always hide the Locast app anyway. You can tell the big cable companies have too much money to make... and don’t like their existence. So somehow the devices try to make it go away.

Locast is a nonprofit that streams/repeats broadcast content on a donation basis over the web.

So I can stream HD TV for free with a small ad, or I pay $5/mo donation for it.

Imagine what even cable tv costs, with local franchise, and the sports surcharge. It’s insanity. I’ve never paid for cable ever. But I make this donation because though I’m fairly close to a major city broadcasting, sometimes in bad weather, it’s flaky, so I don’t mind donating to such an endeavor.

They reach 49% of the population in a good number of markets, and keeps adding more.

I've been a locast subscriber for a few years. Works very well for $5.50 a month.

Back