Anyone Interested in My Chilpotle Style Pico de Gallo Recipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Woodruff deserts? Never had (that I know of). Please describe.

I'm not saying you HAVE to like garlic. I could give a rat. I like it on main courses - Chinese, Indian, Italian, French, etc...I'm not a nut like those guys down in Gilroy. I have eaten raw when I had a cold, and dang it worked.....but dude, you want to talk stink? Stink, stank, stunk. I COULD smell my own breath. I think I stayed sequestered for a week, just for the reek.

My wife and I once ate in an overseas restaurant where the fresh fish that we ordered came with a side order of sauteed garlic. It was a huge mound, chopped and sauteed in olive oil. We were skeptical but we ate it and it actually wasn't bad. But our bodies exuded garlic smell for DAYS, and we could definitely smell ourselves.

quote:

And it's very healthy too.

Not, it's not -- at least not for you, if you approach me smelling like a garlic farmer.
tongue.gif

The supposed health benefits of garlic have repeatedly been disputed in clinical studies. Personally, I think garlic makes the people who run from the smell more fit.
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
I think I can smell garlic right through the screen!
tongue.gif

Here, let me breath into my screen a bit more.
grin.gif

You're correct, "de gustibus non est disputandum", thy taste should not be disputed. Everyone probably has something they dislike. For me it's very fishy tasting fish. It gags me everytime. But I like lobster, crab, scallops, salmon, shark steak, tuna.

I'll have to try the woodruff. Is there a recipe you like to use it in?

It's funny how people have such differing tastes. I know someone who thinks that root beer is most vile tasting substance in the existance and will actually come close to vomiting just from the smell of it.

quote:

quote:

The supposed health benefits of garlic have repeatedly been disputed in clinical studies. Personally, I think garlic makes the people who run from the smell more fit.
wink.gif

You're not a vampire are you?

quote:

quote:

Not, it's not -- at least not for you, if you approach me smelling like a garlic farmer.
tongue.gif

The supposed health benefits of garlic have repeatedly been disputed in clinical studies.

That could be said about any "herbal remedy", heck clinical studies show supplemental vitamins are worthless as long as you eat a reasonably balanced diet.

Admit it, you're just a bigoted garlic hater! I knew there was something about you I didn't like.
wink.gif
grin.gif

quote:

supplemental vitamins are worthless as long as you eat a reasonably balanced diet

I agree with that claim, but I also realize that almost nobody, including the vast number of healthnuts don't necessarily really eat sufficiently nutritious food, no matter how wellbalanced their diet may be. For example, selenium must basically be taken in supplement form, because even organically grown foods lack it in sufficient amounts.

quote:

Admit it, you're just a bigoted garlic hater!

I freely admit being a garlic hater. Bigoted? I don't think so. I said garlic may taste and smell good to others! After all, there is no accounting for taste.
wink.gif

quote:

I knew there was something about you I didn't like.

That mustn't be -- everybody must like me!
tongue.gif

We buy Selenium fed meat from two guys (Frork Enterprises) from Gooloogong. No shortage of Selenium in our diet. Still take multi-vitamin and anti-oxidant though and Salmon oil capsules

quote:

For example, selenium must basically be taken in supplement form, because even organically grown foods lack it in sufficient amounts.

A simple decent quality multivitamin will make up for any deficiencies you might have from a poor diet.

And what does any of this have to do with a Pico de Gallo recipe? You could take the fun out of a pillow fight with Jessica Alba.
rolleyes.gif

I've been saying that my chille is better than most for years. A lot of that reason is because of good chipotle peppers and fresh ingredients.

I'm interested to look over your recipe tomorrow during my lunch break.

skate

Recipe looks good. Thanks for posting it.

And no food has the quality it did prior to petrochemical agriculture, nutrient levels are way down. A "balanced" diet isn't based on levels established in the 1930s/1940s as they are invalid.

(Doesn't like garlic? What does that leave as to cuisine? Fast food? Guess you'll have to stick with fermented fish sauce on your spaghetti
freak2.gif
).

All meat, IMO, benefits from being cooked with onions, garlic and chile peppers. My digestive system agrees heartily (interesting what you learn with declining liver function; one becomes sensitive in new ways).

Pico de gallo, with eggs and sausage for breakfast:
128.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back