Anyone in the know on Mystik oils?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading every thread on my search of this forum for "mystik", I still didn't come across anything that stated what kind of base or add pack these oils had except a cryptic message from MolaKule about them being lightly additized then another guy showing what the 10w-30 HDEO had for an add pack, which looked pretty decent.

The local Farm and Fleet here has Mystik JT-8 in about every configuration imaginable from 10w-30 to 15w-50 and everything in between, most of it CI4 or CI4+. I am tempted to try some of this stuff in various older farm machinery and small engines where I don't want to spend the extra cash for Schaeffer's like I run on the better equipment.

I am especially intrigued by the 15w-50 for use in a couple of old tractors that have a decent amount of blow-by. This might even work pretty well in the 4-wheelers unless it is moly-laden. What application even specs a CI-4+ 15w-50 HDEO anyways that they would have 5 gallon buckets of this stuff all over the place?

I don't really want to spend the jack to get VOAs done on the like 6 different viscosities and designations of JT-8 oils they had there, but would be interested in seeing if anyone has used them, with what kind of success, and what the general opinion of this oil is. Is it widely thought that this is a typical GI-GII based oil?

On a side note, those of you who have a Farm and Fleet locally and haven't been to it before, leave the wife at home and go play in the oil aisle...it's a beautiful thing.
grin.gif
They even have Delvac 1, which I had never seen on a shelf at a retail store before. They have about every other oil known to man as well, and about every oil additive.

Mystik is a well used oil by the farmers here in Kansas. Tell me they get the same results as if using a name brand oil. Good buy if you get it quart bottles or 55 gallon drums.

If I remember right it has a good dose of moly and zinc in it.

Look on the CITGO site for MSDS of Mystik oils.

I've used it and like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back