Anyone Here Use A Detail Cleaning Gel ?

I've heard they're wonderful. And I've heard they leave residue, and don't mess with them. So for $7.00 I thought I would take a chance. It seems like a good way to get crap and dirt out of the nooks and crannies. We'll see. I'll use it on my truck first. (It makes a good test bed for this kind of crap).

I just wondered if any of you guys have tried them, and what kind of luck you've experienced with them? The stuff reminds me of "Silly Putty" when I was a kid.

I had some that I had bought but never tried. This post got me out of my chair and into the garage.
Very sticky and slimy feeling but it stays in a mass of jelly and doesn't stick to my skin.
I tried it on all the arm rest switches, door locks and window controls. Well to my surprise the stuff worked. I could jam the jell in the smallest spaces and it would clean and pick up the dust and stuff. It's almost like I'm wetting it with water but it doesn't leave it wet.
Okay,so it works but I don't see it being a thing that I would buy and use in the future. Not sure how long it takes to get too dirty to use.

It's really good for nooks and crannies where dust and dirt collects. Like in and around switches, and consul gear selectors. The stuff is quite tacky, and everything sticks to it.

They also have those Lithium Ion powered mini vacuums, that you can charge off a phone charger. So you do have other options.

Back