Anyone here chew or dip snuff?

So, I find out that my dad has dipped snuff for years and finally quit. Surprisingly, he doesn’t have mouth issues. Had to have surgery and a few teeth pulled. I don’t smoke or dip any snuff. Kinda glad too.
Dabbled with snuff a few months when young … until a friend showed me the skin between his cheek & gums … looked grandmas heels - so shut that down right then.

When I was a freshman in high school the shop teacher told one of my classmates who was sneaking a dip that he was going to check his mouth in about 30 seconds. My classmate swallowed his dip and then proceeded to very noisily lose his lunch into a garbage can. After that the idea of trying snuff was not very appealing.

Black buffalo is a very good tobacco alternative. Great taste, awesome buzz with no tobacco dangers

I started slipping around smoking I guess at about age 10. By the time I was a freshman in high school I was smoking regularly. I started chewing some in the late 80's but not regularly. I quit smoking in 1997 at age 37. I was fine without nicotine until 2010 when my dad passed away and my nerves got tore up. I wanted to start smoking again but knew if I did I'd never quit again so I started chewing again. I guess I chewed 3 or 4 years then quit. I think I tried dipping once or twice but could never keep it where it belonged so I gave up on that idea.

Not a chance you'll ever catch me with that stuff in my mouth. Tried it when I was a kid and almost barfed.
Its a great way to diet with results that beat Jenny Craig. I chew coffee grind pouches and helped with drinking and smoking cessation plus the coffee flavour has a nice taste to it.

When I was about 8 or 9,I saved up my allowance for weeks to buy a pouch of Redman and Beechnut Wintergreen. I kept it stashed under my bed. One day when I came home from school, it was all neatly laid out on top of my bed. Yep,my parents found my stash haha! Let's just say all hell broke loose in our house that day. Funny thing is,I never even opened the stuff,I just wanted it, probably from seeing it advertised on a TV commercial haha!! I remember that day as if it were yesterday. My friend and I from up the street had ridden our bikes up to Eckerd's to buy it. The funniest thing is that back then an 8 or 9 year old kid could buy chaw!!:D

Ugh, unfortunately I do, but have been successful with cutting back recently. Would like to stop all together. Cigarettes and stuff never really got me, but Grizzly long cut wintergreen of all things sunk its hook in hood. Recent rule changes at work have actually been a really good thing, and I've actually been using it less outside of work too.

I've got all my teeth, but do have some gum erosion, which is permanent. Need to stop before it's more than that.

Grizzly long cut wintergreen is good! Skoal in the same cut and flavor use to be good, but have not tried it in years. Even like a big chaw of Red Man every now and then. Rather have a good chaw every now and then than to stick those nasty fast food burgers in my pie hole.

I chewed for about 20 years. Mostly Copenhagen. Didn't spit much, just swallowed. I decided to quit for good when my 3YO son started mimicing the motions of chewing. That was 20 & 1/2 years ago. I still have an occasional dream wherein I am chewing, but the taste in the dreams is quite bad.

I've used swedish snus for the nootropic benefits of nicotine. Really helps with coding and debugging.

But it's easier to just use nicotine gum nowadays.

Still smoke pipe and cigar on nice evenings.

Yeah, through high school and into college. It was the thing to do on the baseball team. Luckily, I avoided any gum/tooth issues despite going through more than a can a day, as I never put the dip in the same spot consecutively. I'm very fortunate- in my early 20s I was able to just drop the habit. I think my activity level had a lot to do with that, as I was playing basketball every evening after work, hiking on weekends, etc. Keeping my mind off things helped tremendously. My dad has been dipping since his mid-20s and unfortunately, still can't kick the habit. I've worried about it and spoken to him about it, but it's a tough thing to kick. He did just quit drinking- he's 6 months sober after it putting him in the E.R. One thing at a time.

A friend of mine let me have some wintergreen pouches when we were hanging out at the golf course clubhouse/ bar.

The clubhouse as well as the golf course was closing and the bar tender, who he is good friends with, let us take a cart out so I could see the place. He literally hit every bump for all 18 holes. I felt so sick. Reminded me of the movie Sandlot.

The flavor was nice. I see why people do it, but it’s just not for me.

^^ Ha-ha ^^ My friend's son used chewing tobacco and would spit into clear 1/2 liter water bottles.
He'd carry the bottle around all day.
Like it or not, part of my "job description" here on Earth is to dissuade youngsters from smoking and chewing. Go ahead, call me names.
He entered my car with a half-full bottle of viscous, brown spittle (with pieces in it) and I told him, "You're not bringing that into my car".

The sanitized nickname, "dip" infuriates me.
That poison should be called, "Addictive Mouth Rot in a Can" and have clinical pictures of necrotic, cancerous tissue on the packaging.
Who knows, maybe the little butt-wipes would find that cool?
I know I'm nuts but that's a separate matter.

^^ Ha-ha ^^ My friend's son used chewing tobacco and would spit into clear 1/2 liter water bottles.
He'd carry the bottle around all day.
Like it or not, part of my "job description" here on Earth is to dissuade youngsters from smoking and chewing. Go ahead, call me names.
He entered my car with a half-full bottle of viscous, brown spittle (with pieces in it) and I told him, "You're not bringing that into my car".

The sanitized nickname, "dip" infuriates me.
That poison should be called, "Addictive Mouth Rot in a Can" and have clinical pictures of necrotic, cancerous tissue on the packaging.
Who knows, maybe the little butt-wipes would find that cool?
I know I'm nuts but that's a separate matter.

I’ll sum it up like this: 🤢🤮

A friend got me to try dipping once in the 80's and once in the 90's and during the last episode I came home after a 12 hour shift.I put a dip in and crashed in the fioor.As soon as I got comfortable I dozed off and swallowed the whole mess.End of that experiment!

Never have and never will. Been offered it plenty of times but never accepted it. Don’t see how anyone would want to do that but if that’s what they want to do then fine with me. I have yet to meet a single mechanic that doesn’t do it lol.

When we were kids we’d have a can and get someone to try it and have them rub the spot where they had the dip to really get the buzz going. Usually resulted in the vomit comet. I have tried it once and have no desire to do it again. Tough habit to break for many though.

Back