Anyone have CLEAR film ("tint") on windshield?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: The Critic
. However, the front windows did have a very noticeable factory tint on them-- and I am not sure that the windshield has the same factory tint?

All modern automotive car windows are already about 75%. Federal law requires them to be above 70%.

Also, there's the debate about hand cut vs computerized cut. The Mazda was done with hand cut.

Computer cut just saves time for large shops and really doesn't offer any real advantage to the end customer. It's just marketing to make people think it's important. Large shops use the machine because it can save about 10 minutes per car and the machine acts as another employee.

What's better? A computer cut template designed by someone and forcing the installer to the whims of the template or a handcut piece of film custom fit for that car and to the installers liking?

Originally Posted By: darkdan

What's better? A computer cut template designed by someone and forcing the installer to the whims of the template or a handcut piece of film custom fit for that car and to the installers liking?

If the installer is good and price is not of the greatest concern, then of course hand cut.

For mass market tint shops staffed with inexperienced technicians, then a template might be a better choice?

For mass market tint shops staffed with inexperienced technicians, then a template might be a better choice?

Not really. Then all you have is a computer cut piece of tint put on by a bad installer.

The installer is everything. He's the one cleaning the window, position the film, removing the water. Cleaning and positioning are the two hardest parts of it. Cutting is the quickest and easiest aspect of the job.

UPDATE:
after consulting a few people who got Llumar ATR and had no problems with whatever electronics/FM etc, i decided to be brave and get it done with Llumar ATR - no problems at all, but I value all the info given to me in this thread.

strangely enough i think the problem i had when running the rear defroster and FM getting staticky seems to be SOLVED after the tint! idk how the heck that happened...perhaps the station was stronger that day...will drive more and report.

Pics and info in this thread:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2255190#Post2255190

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back