Anyone have 3rd generation Odyssey sliding door experience

Over at odyclub there are numerous threads related to the passenger sliding door issues and wanted to get some input from you guys. We simply don't use ours much and go figure it's the problematic one. probably 1/8th the usage of the drivers side sliding door. About twice a year it trips the "slide door" code on the dash and I usually pull the fuse to reset it and forget about it again for another 6 months. Starting this August it has to be fixed since my son's school pickup requires that door work since kids get loaded from the passenger side of the car. Anyone have any good guides or advice? I hear some of the microswitches are harder to get to than others. Yes I know some of the interior switches need soldered without having to replace the entire assembly. I am experienced with an iron and dmm.

Thanks both. I'll look them up and @The Critic I've been keeping up with ETCG series fixing that gold Odyssey. It's the same year and trim as mine so I've been watching that series like a hawk.

Usually it's microswitches in the rear latch assembly that go bad, but not always. The rear latch assembly isn't cheap and can be confused with the several other actuators inside the door. It's a mechanical marvel!

This long thread discusses how to get the trouble code for the sliding door, as well as how to fix.

Post #121 shows how to jumper the OBD connector for the trouble codes.

A real smart guy in Post #133 has links to the microswitches that usually go bad.

Back