Anyone had this problem???

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer Win XP does not send a signal to the monitor. I have changed the monitor and cable to another one that I know works. I opened up the case and found that the video/graphics card is on the motherboard.So I installed a video/graphics card in an unsused slot.Still the monitor says it is not getting a signal. The machine fires up and the cooling fans are spining so is the hard drive.
Any ideas out there??
Thanks.

Does the hard drive sound like it's booting up Windows? Does the hard drive start up at all?

If you have 2 issues at the same time (no video, no hard drive "churning") then I would re-seat the RAM properly.

If re-seating the RAM doesn't do the trick, sound like it's time for a new motherboard.
frown.gif

F2 or F10 will sometimes get you into the bios. Some times there is a general reset that will restore it to factory settings.

I have reseated all the boards. I have come to the conclusion that its either the CPU or the motherboard or maybe both.Thanks,

You may have to go into your bios and disable your on board video. on most computers if you hold down or repeat tap on the del key that will get you into the bios. If you can get into it, than you know your board and cpu are good. (in most cases anyway) search around the bios and you will find your setting for the video card.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies. After much research and fooling around I have determined that the motherboard is fried.Probably cheaper to buy a new box.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back