computer wont boot with graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: mk378
Set the BIOS to "use add-in card". Plug your monitor(s) into the GPU card not the built-in video.

Do not plug anything into the built-in video. You cannot use both at once.

This, or PCI-E as the first display device. Now that the card is working, it needs to be the primary display device.
i have tried this with setup utility when I boot the pc. I have also booted up with nothing in integrated graphics video connector still nothing

Originally Posted By: taztheman
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: mk378
Set the BIOS to "use add-in card". Plug your monitor(s) into the GPU card not the built-in video.

Do not plug anything into the built-in video. You cannot use both at once.

This, or PCI-E as the first display device. Now that the card is working, it needs to be the primary display device.
i have tried this with setup utility when I boot the pc. I have also booted up with nothing in integrated graphics video connector still nothing

So you went into the BIOS and changed the setting? There may also be a jumper on the motherboard to disable the on-board video.

Originally Posted By: taztheman
IS isystem setup not the same as bios? How do I enter bios?

Usually the DEL key or similar on the POST screen. You could post a pic of what you are seeing and I'll let you know.

I would suggest trying BIOS defaults. There may be some weird setting like denying access to the adapter ROM.

Unplug the hard drive and don't try to fully boot until you can get the BIOS to have the initial Dell logo screen appear from the new card.

Last edited:
Card can work with the plate off as long as the bus connector is properly aligned and seated.

Is it the small 780 with half high cards? There's no way you can run any gaming GPU in those. Too many watts and heat.

Last edited:
I'm glad I read this thread .. (series 1, post 1) I really connect well with thee types of threads, must just be me..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back