Recommend - Cheap Graphics Card (non-gaming)

Please recommend a cheap graphics card to use in a home built computer. Something relatively cheap ($50) and common. What's the Honda civic of the graphics card world? Something standard from a well known vendor that's sure to not require separate drivers for new windows/linux installs in the future.

What is the matrox of the 202X's?

Purpose: ESXi (NOT gaming)
SLOT Type: PCIe 4.0
MotherBoard: Asus TUF x570
Video Output: HDMI
Bonus Points:
  • would be nice if it didn't have any moving parts that could break (fan)
  • would be nice if it had the following video outputs: VGA, DVI, HDMI

Last edited:
Please recommend a cheap graphics card to use in a home built computer. Something relatively cheap ($50) and common. What's the Honda civic of the graphics card world? Something standard from a well known vendor that's sure to not require separate drivers for new windows/linux installs in the future.

What is the matrox of the 202X's?

Purpose: ESXi (NOT gaming)
SLOT Type: PCIe 4.0
MotherBoard: Asus TUF x570
Video Output: HDMI
Bonus Points:
  • would be nice if it didn't have any moving parts that could break (fan)
  • would be nice if it had the following video outputs: VGA, DVI, HDMI

Posts above already cover most of it..
Integrated AMD graphics on the CPU would be the best in the price range.
A decent graphics cards, meaningfully outperforming the integrated AMD Vega's is over 100$.
Amd has cornered the value market and produces better color / video reproduction at the 100-150$ price point (personal /reviews on internet Asus GTX1060 compared to rx570 ).
The minimum spec worth your money is rx570/580/590/ rx 5500 or Nvidia gtx 1650 Super/ 1660 Super (2060 is super overpriced).

Curious on why OP is speccing a gaming motherboard when OP does not want to game?
These motherboards are usually high end (as in expensive).

Future expansion?

If he doesn’t even want limited gaming capabilities the rage pro continues to have driver support even into Windows 10 because server doesn’t graphics

$5 should get him one if he can find a used server pullout

Not sure it matters, does it ? He specifically is asking for a non-gaming video card.
It does matter, especially when OP uses the word cheap in the 1st sentence and since there are cheaper alternative motherboards. Like <50% of the cost of the TUF that would work well for a non-gaming setup.

Thank you everyone,

This GT710 looks perfect for my current use case. I currently have a Ryzen 3200G APU with integrated graphics, but I'd like more cpu cycles when doing ISO creation (xz/mksquashfs, plus other VM tasks). I see the current Ryzen 5000 series don't have integrated graphics (yet?).. thus my original question.

If I add a cheap dedicated graphics card, I can get almost any AM4 CPU, even w/o integrated graphics.

Back