Anyone got George Foreman Grill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shannow
If you want crispy (and somewhat evilly carcinogenic), get a hot salami, let it sit over the edge of a bowl, sitting on a plate (so the fat is collected on the plate rather than the microwave), and nuke it for 20-30 seconds.

[snip]

Nitrosamines galore I'd bet...don't do it more than once or twice a year.

Can you measure the highest temperature the salami reaches during this process?

Originally Posted By: Shannow
We've got one (and one only)...use it every now and then, hate cleaning it.

I found an easy way to clean GF grill with non removable plates. Lean the bottom part half way over the sink while holding it onto the top part with your right hand and clean it with running hot water, dish soap and pad with your left hand. That way all the water will drip down to the sink. It's still a little messy on the counter but it's easy, fast and less messy way to clean even an old dried out stuff.

Next time I'm near an appliance store, I'll get the foreman cleaning brillo pads...three fingers of plastic brillo stuff, spaced formanesque.

My wife told me a few years ago that the company that makes George Foreman grills had to pay him almost a billion dollars to keep using his name for their grills. For being a spokesperson, he got a ridiculous percentage of sales. Kinda like the Shatner deal with priceline.

George Foremann is an American sweatheart, he has been ever since he waved a little american flag after he won some match. Americans are easily dupped into such things and love to worship brand names and famous people but I would rather not have him as a face on the box and pay less for it than overpay to get George that 1 billion dollar cut because some inbred monkey takes great deal of plesure to see Gorge Foreman as a spokesperson or otherwise the product won't sell. Why do people have to put face with the product? He even sells mufflers for Maineke. What boxer got to do with mufflers?? Ridiculous!

The one thing I remember from High School cooking class is that fat=flavor! If I'm gonna eat a burger, I want it to be a big greasy mess of a thing, instead of a scorched dry lump of flavorless protein.

So you don't wanna eat fat? Eat a real burger and go out and do something instead of talking about in on the internet! Work harder and burn that greasy burger off! Less conversation and more perspiration!

Yeah I tried to make burgers in it too. That was a huge mistake, but it is good and convenient for other products. Bottom line fat is still bad for you and exersise won't substitute for damge. Ideally people should only eat boiled lean white meat:)

Originally Posted By: oilnoob425
boiled lean white meat:)

My grandma ate that stuff. It's called lutefisk, and is real popular with the old timers that have Norweigan heritage.

It's super awful rubbery stinky horrible tasting stuff. It's soaked in lye and then boiled. Blech.

Yeah IDK what's up with lutefisk but white chicken meat that is boiled in hot water is tasteless and rubbery but not stinky. my mom coocks it all the time along with steamed vegetables. it is good and very healthy meat. non fat protein that is good for you and you won't feel sluggish like after red meat. if you are on the diet due to weight loss or medical condition or just plain don't care about taste all that much it is perfect meat dish.

p.s. i saw a show a while ago where they say that shark meat is very popular product among norvegians or swedes, i don't remember exactly. they fish for sharks like crazy over there in northern seas. show host said it tasted bad to him however.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
my mom coocks it all the time

Either an o or a c gotta go.

Nice one....
thumbsup2.gif

cooks then

[censored] what a grammar nazi!

I do what I can.

You and JohnBrowning must get along beautifully
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
You and JohnBrowning must get along beautifully
LOL.gif

I'm sure he'd like to destroy me. He'll have to get in line.
LOL.gif

Lutefisk is dried fish, pickled in salt; it's not meat.

You forgot the lye (lut)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk

Quote:
* Quote from Garrison Keillor's book Pontoon:

"Lutefisk is cod that has been dried in a lye solution. It looks like the desiccated cadavers of squirrels run over by trucks, but after it is soaked and reconstituted and the lye is washed out and it’s cooked, it looks more fish-related, though with lutefisk, the window of success is small. It can be tasty, but the statistics aren’t on your side. It is the hereditary delicacy of Swedes and Norwegians who serve it around the holidays, in memory of their ancestors, who ate it because they were poor. Most lutefisk is not edible by normal people. It is reminiscent of the afterbirth of a dog or the world’s largest chunk of phlegm."

I didn't know I was under the obligation to post the complete curing procedure. My point was actually that lutefisk wasn't meat (in English), unless made from an aquatic mammal. Is lutefisk dolphin safe?

Since you appear to like trivia, were you aware that a real pretzel, is boiled in a lye solution, similar to a bagel, before being baked? I'm not talking about what passes locally for a pretzel solely based on its shape, of course.

I belong to Extension Homemakers and we crochet 2 inch wide strips of nylon net (12& 1/2 yards long) into a round disk about 4 1/2" across. We sell these for people clean all non stick cook ware or their sinks or showers. They will not scratch anything and they work great. If you see them at craft booths buy a couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back