Anyone get a new toy for Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: AMC
Originally Posted By: Robenstein

Well all the ones I have shot shot under 1 MOA with the right ammo. New does not really mean its going to make it better. My friends 1500 in 223 shot 1/2 MOA with decent ammo.

I hear ya on that one and that is why I say the howa/weatherby platform is very overlooked. However, most people who know about them do agree, the new series 2 have better features and fit and finish than the older ones. Unless you are really looking to save money, there are no disadvantages to getting the new series 2 rifles.

I wish I could get a barreled HOWA action in 375 H&H, but they dont make em that big. Going to have to get a Zastava 98 or CZ action for that I think.

Weatherby is thinking about making a Vanguard series 2 in .375 Ruger so it can be used as a short/mid range dangerous game rifle at a very attractive price. Hopefully they do it! The Ruger rifles, (which are a mauser action) can be had in 375 H&H and other big bore cartridges for less than $1k which is a good deal. The Rugers are made in USA too! Might be something to think about.

Yeah you can already get the Howa 1500 in 375 Ruger from Legacy Sports International.

Im not big on Ruger's long guns. They are serviceable, but just not my favorite. I should have bought the Remington imported Zastava 98's when they were on closeout.

Originally Posted By: MuzzleFlash40
I would like to get a quality bolt action. I've always liked the 30-06 round. So, I guess I need to start shopping around.

I've got a Vanguard in .30-06, its a nice piece that will drive tacks at 100 yards. Another overlooked bolt action is the Savage 110 series...I have a 110e that shoots every bit as good as the Vanguard for a lot less money.

Originally Posted By: Sunnyinhollister
Santa dropped off a Springfield Armory .45 1911 loaded two tone light weight under the tree. Now all I need is the matching M1A......

Sweet! I love my springfield. Even though it's big and heavy, it's probably one of my favorite carry guns.

I received a Binelli 12 ga. scatter gun with three screw-in chokes.

I really wanted a .243 for Varmint hunting when the other hunting seasons are over.

Originally Posted By: MuzzleFlash40
Originally Posted By: Sunnyinhollister
Santa dropped off a Springfield Armory .45 1911 loaded two tone light weight under the tree. Now all I need is the matching M1A......

Sweet! I love my springfield. Even though it's big and heavy, it's probably one of my favorite carry guns.

I almost bought the long slide, but the lightweight version felt great and was on sale!

I'm a little late to the party...... But I got a gp100 in .357, a 22/45 with a threaded barrel, and a single six.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back