Anyone else tired of the drama with the UK Royal Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
How Charles treated Diana is despicable. But better than previous kings would have treated her (Henry the 8th)

I think Camilla would make a good name for a cow. I do not know what he sees in her, but lots of couples like that.

Prince William attending sex parties has hurt his reputation, I would say I feel for his wife but she can go take a Rolls ride, world trip or have her own discreet lover, of legal age and not trafficked..
That's Prince Andrew with the sex parties. William is Harry's brother and next in line to be king. William seems a nice chap.

I miss The Royals and Liz Hurley every week.

8C2DC408-3999-4C9D-A338-8BCB2A17833B.jpeg

No one is twisting my arm to follow the Monarchy.
Having said that, I admire Harry for his military career and standing up for his wife.

I dont get it either, though I guess our fellow Americans follow this stuff like some might follow a soap opera. Why does anyone and I mean, anyone care about these people? Entertainment?

All I know is I am sick of it covering the news pages. God honest truth, I NEVER click on one of their headlines regarding the so called "Royal Family" out of shear protest.
If that is all I see I go to the next news site. It's completely nuts and honestly, kind of scary that people even care. But I guess we are free to enjoy whatever and it wouldnt be in the news if no one clicked on the stories so I guess we are in the minority.

Why are these people placed on a pedestal over my own family? To me it's a cult. Ok, enough said, nothing will convince myself and my wife otherwise and I will stay out of this one.
You said it perfectly. I agree with your every word!

Scott

I am so tired of the drama in the Royal Family in the UK. Don't care who is mad at who nor what is said in a upcoming book. Don't see the need for a Royal Family. But if the British want a Royal Family fine, have one, but keep the drama with the walls of Buckingham Palace.

(full disclosure - I am not British).
The problem is not made in the UK, but California and Meghan driven!

Watched Harry & Meghan on Netflix a couple of weeks ago. Somewhere between this story, and Charles's & William's story lies the truth. Nobody in this situation is as innocent as that "documentary" makes them out to be. But think about this:. If you think anyone in that family is so tortured or mistreated, let's think about their reaction to the abolishment of the monarchy. It would be like banning all the Kardashians from all social media and TV. They would lose their entire purpose on this planet, and more importantly, the money and privilege would vanish. They complain about all the media attention, knowing all the while they can't live without it. I want to respect Harry, but publishing a tattle tail book prevents me from doing that. I've started changing g the channel and tuning it all out.

I am so tired of the drama in the Royal Family in the UK. Don't care who is mad at who nor what is said in a upcoming book. Don't see the need for a Royal Family. But if the British want a Royal Family fine, have one, but keep the drama with the walls of Buckingham Palace.

(full disclosure - I am not British).
I'm tired of them with the exception of Kate;)

i feel truly sorry for the normal folks of the u.k. i find it “interesting” that a wonderful, quiet, privileged life in beautiful british columbia didn’t suit this pair. i often wonder how harry complies with american visa and tax rules. following the events of april 19, 1775 americans shouldn’t give a fig about any bluebloods.

"I don't want to be in the limelight" *Makes biography*

My opinion: don't know, don't care honestly. The entire royal family could have been probed by aliens and I'd still be eating my Potbelly's soup in front of my computer while reading this forum.

I haven't noticed it. Don't care. Not my problem.

I have always ignored the Royal family and other noisy entities (given the period of 2014-2020, you have to have the skills to ignore loudmouths)
I also have no issues with Harry or Megan, like any celebrity they are doing the things that make money and if they had a quarrel they are free to speak about it, and I’m free to ignore it.

If you don’t like what either portion of the Royal family says just skip over their coverage and eventually it will calm down.

My guess is both parties are in the wrong in some way but I’m not a judge and am more concerned with home repairs and doing my next oil change in the cold sitting on a snow bank than gossip

I still don’t understand why 90% of my oil changes are in the winter.

I don't follow it at all really, but I think Harry and Meghan now need to pay for their celebrity level security themselves now, and so have to make celebrity level money, which kind of requires doing celebrity things. I imagine once they've cashed in enough to live "like royalty" for the rest of their lives they will fade away from the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back