Anyone else tired of the drama with the UK Royal Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am British, and every single person I've spoken to recently is sick of the utter drivel coming out of Harry and Meghan at the moment.

What gets me, is they moved to the US to get away from being in the limelight. And have put themselves squarely back into it.

The Royal Family bring huge sums of money into our country in tourism. So I can't say 'I don't see the need'. But understand why an Americans opinion would differ.

I am British, and every single person I've spoken to recently is sick of the utter drivel coming out of Harry and Meghan at the moment.

What gets me, is they moved to the US to get away from being in the limelight. And have put themselves squarely back into it.

The Royal Family bring huge sums of money into our country in tourism. So I can't say 'I don't see the need'. But understand why an Americans opinion would differ.
"The Royal Family bring huge sums of money into our country in tourism. So I can't say 'I don't see the need'. But understand why an Americans opinion would differ."

Build a Disney World where they live!

I haven't watched 60 minutes in years but I recall them focusing on deeper issues and was disappointed to see them interviewing Harry on his rift with the royal family.

A lot of people follow the royals. Just like people follow sports. It's entertainment.

So you're saying that the headlines annoy you?

I don't blame Harry and Megan. Megan could've been a huge asset to "The Firm" but it refused to protect her. The Firm protects No 1 and No 2 at the expense of all the others. Harry didn't want to his wife to experience what his mother went through so he's doing what a son/husband would do and tell it like it is. The quid pro quo between British tabloids and the Royal family is rather saddening.

You guys should watch the 6 part series on Netflix. It's like the Royal family are publicly owned individuals who are desperately trying to have a sliver of normalcy in their lives while the machine tells them what to do and where to do it.

Last edited:
Obviously they are very successful in getting people’s attention, otherwise they wouldn’t be discussed on a motor oil forum.

I’ll try explain our viewpoint from western Canada.

1. Most folks loved Queen Elizabeth. She was the anchor of the Monarchy since before WWII.
2. We can’t stand King Charles. Yes, King Charles. I was at the Remembrance Day service and its traditional to since “God Save the Queen” after the service. This time the announcer asked us to sing God save the King. We did but we looked at each other and wondered if this would fly.
3. No one has forgiven Charles for the way he treated Diana. There’s a real probability the Monarchy is going to diminish because of it.
4. The Monarchy is a hooge money maker for Britain and the world’s tourism business.
5. The Brits are divided about Harry. Yes, he went overboard but Tell-All’s are a British tradition.
6. The National Inquirer appreciates the subject matter.
7. By the way, how are Elvis and Pricilla doing?

660B1F9B-E0C6-40EB-A42F-867B1607B50D.jpeg

Last edited:
I am so tired of the drama in the Royal Family in the UK. Don't care who is mad at who nor what is said in a upcoming book. Don't see the need for a Royal Family. But if the British want a Royal Family fine, have one, but keep the drama with the walls of Buckingham Palace.

(full disclosure - I am not British).
I dont get it either, though I guess our fellow Americans follow this stuff like some might follow a soap opera. Why does anyone and I mean, anyone care about these people? Entertainment?

All I know is I am sick of it covering the news pages. God honest truth, I NEVER click on one of their headlines regarding the so called "Royal Family" out of shear protest.
If that is all I see I go to the next news site. It's completely nuts and honestly, kind of scary that people even care. But I guess we are free to enjoy whatever and it wouldnt be in the news if no one clicked on the stories so I guess we are in the minority.

Why are these people placed on a pedestal over my own family? To me it's a cult. Ok, enough said, nothing will convince myself and my wife otherwise and I will stay out of this one.

Last edited:
Obviously they are very successful in getting people’s attention, otherwise they wouldn’t be discussed on a motor oil forum.

I’ll try explain our viewpoint from western Canada.

1. Most folks loved Queen Elizabeth. She was the anchor of the Monarchy since before WWII.
2. We can’t stand King Charles. Yes, King Charles. I was at the Remembrance Day service and its traditional to since “God Save the Queen” after the service. This time the announcer asked us to sing God save the King. We did but we looked at each other and wondered if this would fly.
3. No one has forgiven Charles for the way he treated Diana. There’s a real probability the Monarchy is going to diminish because of it.
4. The Monarchy is a hooge money maker for Britain and the world’s tourism business.
5. The Brits are divided about Harry. Yes, he went overboard but Tell-All’s are a British tradition.
6. The National Inquirer appreciates the subject matter.
7. By the way, how are Elvis and Pricilla doing?

View attachment 134698

My wife still gets upset at Charles over how he treated Diana no matter how many times I tell her that it was the Queen rather than Charles himself who chose Diana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back