Anyone driving a Mazda Cx-50?

Totally agree. Toyota tore through the BMW parts bin the Supra is a rebadged z4 for the most part. Toyota hurting so bad they are taking the approach of subscription based services like all the others just joining the bandwagon, my new rav is loaded with infotainment that requires a subscription att hotspot satellite radio mobile connect services.

It's a new trend when a company starts to suffer they start subscription services. Apple has become recently one of the biggest in the market for offering subscription based services to keep revenue coming in. Some consumers getting smarter keeping their phones longer. Just like with the auto market they are loading cars with tech for subscriptions maybe they're wondering if people will start holding onto their cars.

Subaru has been part Toyota for awhile. (Aisin, FRS/BRZ)

They WANTED to have a threesome, Celica shared with Porsche Boxster. Didn't happen.

"Screw Toyota," maybe a Lexus, but, subscription based stuff is like urinating in your face, some people go for that.. is why I say again, gimmicky.

Yes, I know Tesla has subscription approach too. I just dont see how that's attractive. And, as you said, not to get political....

Subaru has been part Toyota for awhile. (Aisin, FRS/BRZ)
Started out wearing a scion badge lol. Poor engine choice for that vehicle even the latest revision of if. A turbo Mazda mill would have been interesting or even an EcoBoost. Better yet build your own Tacoma 4 cylinder with a turbo would have been sweet.

Started out wearing a scion badge lol. Poor engine choice for that vehicle even the latest revision of if. A turbo Mazda mill would have been interesting or even an EcoBoost. Better yet build your own Tacoma 4 cylinder with a turbo would have been sweet.

I'm sorry but Subaru engines kind of suck and they really betrayed themselves because that engine is not a boxer. I agree with you too.

Toyobaru

I'm sorry but Subaru engines kind of suck and they really betrayed themselves because that engine is not a boxer. I agree with you too.

Toyobaru
It’s definitely not an engine I’m into.. one thing for sure I absolutely hate the sound of the wrx. Guess thats what Subarus are known for a boxer design engine and awd. They are underpowered and unwilling engines so I don’t want to hear about how much power the wrx makes… simple mechanics you turbo an engine you get more power.

It’s definitely not an engine I’m into.. one thing for sure I absolutely hate the sound of the wrx. Guess thats what Subarus are known for a boxer design engine and awd. They are underpowered and unwilling engines so I don’t want to hear about how much power the wrx makes… simple mechanics you turbo an engine you get more power.

Yeah, Subaru's schtick is "Boxer engine" and "all wheel drive." Only engine ever to me that sounds broken when you start it.

Wonder when Subaru will depart from a Boxer, leaving Porsche as the one with.. that.

They are underpowered but big displacement 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Here's the thing, you put any kind of boost on a Subaru and it blows up. It's just a Subaru thing.

Plans to expand ? When I was at another "banner," there was talk.
The Toyota just started production late last year, and the Mazda CX-50 started production in late January. Hadn't heard talk of expansion yet, and so far it seems premature. The production capacity for the CX-50 alone is 150,000/year, and Mazda believes it can sell them all. (I think the Corolla Cross capacity is also 150,000.) If that happens, then expansion could easily be on the table.

The Toyota just started production late last year, and the Mazda CX-50 started production in late January. Hadn't heard talk of expansion yet, and so far it seems premature. The production capacity for the CX-50 alone is 150,000/year, and Mazda believes it can sell them all. (I think the Corolla Cross capacity is also 150,000.) If that happens, then expansion could easily be on the table.

Also keep in mind, TMMI *supposed* to be producing a Lexus in West plant (no more Sequoia.) Tundra went to TMMTX.

Yeah, Subaru's schtick is "Boxer engine" and "all wheel drive." Only engine ever to me that sounds broken when you start it.

Wonder when Subaru will depart from a Boxer, leaving Porsche as the one with.. that.

They are underpowered but big displacement 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Subaru don't have a boxer engine. Never did. They have a flat 4 and flat 6. The boxer crank is different,

My only Mazda ownership experience was a 97 Miata, which was wonderfully executed and purposely optimized. I have had some passenger time in a CX-5. Not knowing what was underneath or up front, it struck me as superior in every way from the passenger’s perspective as a better car for my wife, who drives a battle-ready CRV. The Mazda had the comfort, material quality, interior noise, power without strain, and controlled braking all on tap. My impression is that Mazda is underrated.

Back