Anyone Cut Open a Yellow PureONE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried doing a search to find any photos of the new yellow PureONE oil filter cut open ... couldn't find anything. Anyone know if photos of this have been posted on BITOG?

I had emailed Purolator about the new Pure One filters and they told me they were exactly the same as the old ones, only difference was paint color and texture. I believe there are cut open Pure One filters in other threads, they should be the same.

AD

I figured they were probably the same guts with just a different can ... but was curious if Purolator is trying to cut any corners on the inside, or maybe even improve it some.

LOL.gif
That's funny, busa posted on the thread with the new gold Pure One cut open. I believe he was engrossed with GA having one of their tete a tete's regarding oil filter function.

And yes, it really seems that Purolator is cutting corners compared to the blue PO, on the new and improved (efficiency) gold Pure One.
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: sayjac
LOL.gif
That's funny, busa posted on the thread with the new gold Pure One cut open. I believe he was engrossed with GA having one of their tete a tete's regarding oil filter function.

LOL.gif
... yeah, that is funny. Guess I don't recall the photos being posted due to the GA whirl wind discussions.
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: 114
cut corners yes improve them no

Care to elaborate on that comment there 114?

Originally Posted By: sayjac
And yes, it really seems that Purolator is cutting corners compared to the blue PO, on the new and improved (efficiency) gold Pure One.
smirk2.gif

ODD. With their old blue can and packaging, they claimed 98% efficiency. Now, with the new coated cans and packaging, they claim 99.9% efficiency. In their email back to me about it, they said they had indeed changed the media to be more efficient. I wonder why we got different anwsers?
shocked2.gif

Btw, Purolator is offering some pretty decent mail in rebates on their oil and air filters; the coupon is on their website to download. Of course, it will take about two months to get your rebate check....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back