Anybody ever tried a Kamikaze mix in their vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid

Little bit of this and little bit of that? I was thinking about the 6 quarts I've been buying for my girlfriends car since I've been finding good prices. In the end I may end up with 4 quarts of different oils. I'd like to mix them all up and see what happens. Anyone ever done this?

As long as the 4 qt's. are of similar viscosity & they each have the proper API rating for the car, nothing bad should happen.

There are all kinds of people here mixing oils so throwing in 4 qts of mixed products prolly won't hurt a thing. I mean, I would not be surprised to hear someone having a mix that results in a 7.5W-38.25 oil.

Heh, yesterday I changed the oil in my buddy's cavalier and put in 2 quarts of Mobil 1, a quart of Havoline, and a quart of Supertech. Just whatever I had laying around.

Ummm, yeah. I changed the oil in my gf's car and mixed 2 and a half quarts of Delo 15w40, 1 pint of Rotella TS 5w40, and 1 quart of M1 5w30. I was getting rid of my ARX rinse oil and my previous synth oil. My gf's car burns oil and it now has a quart of castrol gtx hm 5w30 on top of the frankenstein mix. She's driven over 1500 miles on this mix and can't tell the difference (shocker). 97 Sonoma 4-banger.

There are also some guys here that mix different viscosity oils to get the viscosity they want. Even different brands to get the additives they want.

I haven't graduated to that level...yet.

Sid,
No worries.
Think of all the cars where the owner hits an Iffy Lube for a change, finds the darn thing a quart low two tanks later (probably from the Iffy change, but I digress) and tops off with a quart of the gas stations brand, and then adds another quart of cheap oil he got on sale before the next visit to a quick lube. As long as all of the oils are for autos, you will be fine. I have a van I change oil in for a friend currently running 2q of Maxlife 5-30, 1 ST 10-30, and 1 of 15-40 Delo. Van is fine, friend is happy,(cheapskate!) and I used up an orphaned quart of Delo. Now if you are wanting to experiment, I'll send you a quart of aviation oil for you to throw in there, and see what happens.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back