Anybody else switching over to CK-4/SN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oil change due on my Toyota pickup with the 2.4 22RE. Book calls for 10W-30 motor oil.

After looking over the product data sheet for Chevron Delo XLE 10W-30 CK-4/SN dual rated, I think it would work good for this truck. Thinking I should be able to do 5,000 mile oil chain intervals easily on this oil, and not have to worry about oil shearing.

https://cglapps.chevron.com/msdspds/PDSDetailPage.aspx?docDataId=479606&docFormat=PDF

Switching 3 cars to rotella T4 10w30 ( 1994 Toyota pick up 2.4, 1995 land cruiser and 1991 pathfinder) all 3 cars calls for 30wt or thicker. I will be running them at 5k OCI too.

Last edited:
Nope. I was going to use it for the first change in my new lawn tractor but I'm going to go with the manufacturer's best recommendation of synthetic 5W-30. [sigh] Wish that Rotella T6 5W-30 wasn't such an apparition.
12.gif

I realize that this is in the gasoline section, but for the record I have run almost 50k miles with Delo XLE CK-4/SN in my Detroit DD13. I did 40k miles in the first oci and almost 10k more so far on my second oci. Still carrying the used oil, waiting for a chance to get a sample sent to the lab.

Does that Toyota truck have flat tapper cams? If not, use with confidence, like you would any SN PCMO.

I may have little choice.
wink.gif
I'm still thinking what to do down the line now that my Delvac 1 ESP 5w-40 seems to have been "cheapened," not that it would make one real difference to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back