Any way to temporarily "fix" large transmission leak?

I don’t even know if i would buy transmission fluid. Find the cheapest bulk oil (not vegetable oil or anything like that) and run that. Probably from a tractor supply or something. I don’t know but maybe spray foam precisely applied in the leak area.

sounds like in his case me may need to suspend the catch pan from the vehicle while he is driving. :)
Lol. If there is a drain plug Maybe run a hose from the torque converter area into the drain plug.

Edited a couple of times for clarity. this post assumes the car is near to be junked, and the OP is looking at desperate levels of repair.

First attempt, is to add a thickener or seal sweller like Lucas transmission fix. That could limp it along for a respectfully decent time. I’ve used Lucas and gotten good results from it, over several years even.

last resort is a tablespoon of brake fluid. ive not heard of this in a while, but back in the day I was told it would cause the seals to swell. It would work well enough for a few days or weeks, and then hemmorage and die a complete seal death throughout the entire unit.

note: the brake fluid hack WILL likely and ultimately destroy the transmission.

can confirm, certain rubber when exposed to brake fluid will die a horrible, pudding consistency death.

Back