Any Saturn/GM parts gurus? A/C Compressor Code

I need to replace an A/C compressor for a 2002 Saturn SL1 1.9L SOHC. Printed clearly on the compressor, the code name is DCV-11J. However I can't find that compressor anywhere out in the wild. All I can find is DKV11S or DCV11G. I don't know what the difference is between them. I even called a GM dealer and supplied the VIN. They said it didn't bring anything up under the VIN, but when they remove the VIN, they bring up GM part number 21031322. I know NAPA can cross reference GM part numbers, and had them cross it. They bring that GM part number up as DCV14A.

However, after taking another look, there appears to be a GM part number underneath the 6-digit code on the compressor. When I have NAPA cross that code (21031317), they come up with a DKV11A.

Does anyone know how to solve this 6-digit madness? I just need a replacement. Here's the one on the car currently that needs replaced:

20220715_142929.jpg

Last edited:
I noted the same thing with the part number but his picture shows a GM p/n 21031317. The GM parts catalog shows 19130488. The internet parts houses show these two numbers being interchangeable and listing the most common 4-seasons compressor as p/n 57541.

I suspect there has been quite a bit of supersession on these parts over the years so hopefully the 4-seasons part will work.

Well after 4 hours of searching online, calling several dealers, and crossing numbers until my eyes started doing the same, I gave up and ordered the DKV11S kit from Autozone. It supposedly has the 58541 Four Seasons compressor. Probably wrong, but the counter jockey store manager blew so much smoke that I just said order it and left. "I have no reason not to trust AutoZone." Yeah, I bet you don't buddy. I bet you don't. :rolleyes:

Back