GM SPS/module Programming - Warranty claim Code?

A few weeks ago I swapped a reman transmission in a '14 GMC Sierra 1500, I have a recent thread on that. Was cleaning up the workshop today and my friend left behind his warranty paperwork that came with the transmission. Thought I'd be a good sport and just bring it to him at work in the morning.

That's when I noticed there's an entry on the paperwork for "warranty claim code" for the SPS programming, and the fine print says the warranty is void unless you have one. Makes sense, they want to verify the TCM was actually programmed if there's any warranty claim. The good news is the truck and reman trans are working great, but I'd like to fill that in if possible in case there's any issues down the road. I didn't write it down at the time. I logged back into Techline Connect and it's not showing me any history of any kind, just that I have a subscription for that VIN number.

Can I get this "warranty claim code" somehow from GM after the programming? The vehicle isn't here to connect to, is it possible I'll get some kind of history if I connect to the truck? If anyone knows how to get that code post-programming, it would sure help me out.

Launch SPS2 (any vin works, im in my living room not connected to a car taking these screen shots).
1673493707911.jpg

At the bottom of that page click on settings. This screen pops up
1673493763587.jpg

THats the last 3 programming events I did with the appropriate warranty claim code. I always screen shot the last screen at the end and save it that shows programming was successful and has the claim code on it.

Launch SPS2 (any vin works, im in my living room not connected to a car taking these screen shots).
View attachment 135133
At the bottom of that page click on settings. This screen pops up
View attachment 135134
THats the last 3 programming events I did with the appropriate warranty claim code. I always screen shot the last screen at the end and save it that shows programming was successful and has the claim code on it.
Thank you sir! I feel like I tried all functions/buttons but the settings one eluded me. Gave me the full programming history for the vehicle, with warranty claim codes. 👍

An hour labor at a GM dealer is a small price to pay to have this programming done and officially validated to ensure the warranty is enabled.
If you can (A) get a dealer to program what you're looking for via SPS, (B) the tech programming it has a clue as to what they're doing or (C) the dealership/chain has reliable enough equipment to not bomb out halfway through with a junk MDI or a hammered ProBook restarting halfway through.

An hour labor at a GM dealer is a small price to pay to have this programming done and officially validated to ensure the warranty is enabled.
In this case there would have been a $200 tow, hour of stealership labor, lost time, etc. Money doesn't grow on trees where I live, and lost time I can't get back. I personally vote for programming it yourself. I'll know what I'm doing next time (and to write down that dang claim code!) so if I had to do it again, it'd be a 10 minute ordeal.

When I replaced the transmission in a 13 Nissan, there was no mention of programming anything for warranty purposes. Just did some factory resets for a few parameters as mentioned in the repair manual.

The TCM/TECHM for 6L80E/6L90E & related units is bolted to the Valve Body, When you buy a remanufactured unit be it from GM or otherwise.....The TCM is remanufactured & blank, It must have a calibration loaded or the unit won't operate.

Back