Any red flags on this Amazon parts listing?

Why the Japanese characters?
Why no picture?
Why so cheap?

They list for $65 each at the dealer and I need two. $15 seems too good to be true but I do see this Ebay seller https://www.ebay.com/itm/182597063404?epid=1074850339&hash=item2a83a212ec:g:qVEAAOSwZElZnh1b in Arabia selling them for $17 so who knows, but at least he has a picture.

Sold and shipped by Genuine Parts Planet. Looks okay to me. Amazon will stand by it.

but only 91% positive on Amazon
You always have to read the reviews, especially the ones that give low ratings. You'll see things like "took forever to ship" or "don't know if it works 'cause I couldn't get the broken one off", yet they give the product a bad rating.

Why no picture?
I've seen the same thing from them with Honda parts. Not sure why they do it this way either.... I thought Amazon actually required pictures of the item for sale, even if it's a stock photo.

I've seen the same thing from them with Honda parts. Not sure why they do it this way either.... I thought Amazon actually required pictures of the item for sale, even if it's a stock photo.
The Japanese said Genuine Nissan parts, but you sorta have to take their word for it.

Why no picture?
Why so cheap?

They list for $65 each at the dealer and I need two. $15 seems too good to be true but I do see this Ebay seller https://www.ebay.com/itm/182597063404?epid=1074850339&hash=item2a83a212ec:g:qVEAAOSwZElZnh1b in Arabia selling them for $17 so who knows, but at least he has a picture.
Definitely it is a fake. Genuine part cannot be 75% off + free shipment.
Guys turn brain on.

Besides the possibility that it's an overrun item they got for pennies on the dollar, there are multiple supply chains for various components. Manufacturers often have different price structures for different countries. A $50 ball joint sold by Nissan in the U.S., may only be $30 in a third world country.

Definitely it is a fake. Genuine part cannot be 75% off + free shipment.
Guys turn brain on.
When you buy parts like this sure it is always a chance but Amazon will stand behind it. In the SE Asian market this can be had for $13.

If I turned my brain on as you suggest I would have missed out on some incredibly killer deals some of which came direct from OE brick and mortar dealers.

When you buy parts like this sure it is always a chance but Amazon will stand behind it. In the SE Asian market this can be had for $13.

If I turned my brain on as you suggest I would have missed out on some incredibly killer deals some of which came direct from OE brick and mortar dealers.
Amazon is not a seller, Genuine Parts Planet is.

Edit: This is a aftermarket part.

What part of, "Nissan Genuine 54618-JX00A Stabilizer Connecting Rod Assembly" leads you to believe that?​

PRICE of the part and sellers reputation.

Once I purchased NGK 5787 ILZKR7B-11S spark plugs set of four for $28.
There was only 3% negative feedback. Shipped by Amazon, sold by G.P.S., and beleive or not - I get a fake! I checked it under microscope and it was clearly wrong. It went back.
Then I get plugs from ngk.com for $11.68 each and that was real iridium NGK plugs.

Today G.P.S. sells that plugs for $44.55 a set, and most likely they are real, but I have no trust on that seller anymore.

Got them yesterday. Packaging with Nissan label looked genuine. So does the part itself. Aluminum part would be much harder to fake than typical stabilizer links make of steel.

Stabilizer bar links.jpg

I guess we can close this thread. The item was bought and installed.

Whichever back alley shop did the finishing they did a fine job.

Back