any reason to which from delvac to motorcraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a 1996 ford f250 with a 7.3 turbo diesel. i have been using delvac 1300 for about 15000 miles with 180000 miles total on the truck which i got used. i have used rotella but notice that i had to top off a quart every 2k miles. with delvac i get better milage and not oil usage. i like the idea of using mc and it comes in 5 quart jugs. is there any reason to change?

No reason to switch. I found in my MB diesels a few years ago that delvac gave the best MPG, rotella middle, and delo the worst.

Granted, chemistries have changed a lot since 2002, but perhaps some things stay the same?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
No reason to switch. I found in my MB diesels a few years ago that delvac gave the best MPG, rotella middle, and delo the worst.

Granted, chemistries have changed a lot since 2002, but perhaps some things stay the same?

You know I have noticed the same thing when it comes to delo and fuel consumption, when comparing it to rotella

Delvac is a better oil. Motorcraft is a good oil, just not as good. The Delvac oil has a higher TBN number, and I suspect a better ad package for anti wear additives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back