Any opinions on Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3?

Needing a set of tires in P235/55/R19 for my '15 Kia Sedona. Tire marketing is funny, all I can find in this size is specifically marketed toward truck/CUV/SUV. Am I safe to assume there is no functional difference between a minivan and the aforementioned vehicles when it comes to tires? I don't think there exists a tire in this size geared to passenger cars / minivans.

Lots of Chinese/east-asian no-names in the $160-200 range, then much better choices to consider when you get above that. I have my eye on the Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3 @ $229, perhaps a bit cheaper if I shop around. That tire seems to get rave reviews for ride quality, noise and comfort, which is probably the primary attribute I'm looking for on this vehicle. The 70K treadwear warranty is a nice bonus, but I tend to wear tires out by age moreso than mileage-- but that's probably going to change now that I have a garage to keep my vehicles out of the elements.

Any others I should consider in this price range? No real need or desire for winter traction (above normal all-season performance)-- we drive one of the older vehicles anytime we get snow/ice, which is very infrequent. So the all weather tires like Michelin Crossclimate are out, I don't want to compromise treadwear, ride quality etc. for better winter performance as there is no real need.

My friend has them on his CRV I think. He picked them over the CC due to reviews. I'll try and get his opinion on them.

I have a set on my wife’s Volvo. They’re 275/45R20. I like them. They’re quieter than the OEM Pirellis and seem to be wearing great so far. They are noisy, just quieter than what was on there. They have great grip dry or wet too. I’d buy them again.

I've used their Discount Tire versions, the Cinturato Strada GT2 on the focus and currently using a set of the Scorpion Strada All seasons for the CX5. On the focus, they were at 10/32nds with 10K miles before I got rid of the car but I haven't really checked with the CX5 so far. My friend's P6+ (and all the P6s I've seen) is wearing a bit fast on their Q50s sedan. I'd say you won't get anywhere close to 70k miles on those tires but it'll be a good 40k miles before you'll have to start looking for replacements. All the Pirellis I've tried so far have good dry and wet grip, subpar hydroplane resistance, and are decently quiet (but not whisper quiet)....I also think over-priced for their non-store versions. Way better of a buy than the forum favorite Altimax RT43s though.

Their SUV tires are known as "Squarelli's," but there is a set on the RDX that I service. They ride a lot firmer than the Plus 2's or Premiers, that's for sure.

I have previous versions P7 AS plus 2 on my Accord and Scorpion Verde AS plus 2 on my daughters CRV. I got them because of the good reviews especially noise. They are very quiet IMO on both vehicles. Good wet and dry traction, no clue on snow I use winter tires. They seem to be wearing well so far. I would not hesitate to try the AS3 and might as next on my son's car when he needs.

I put a set of 4 on my sister-in-law's Traverse last year. She hasn't made any complaints and said they were quieter than the Goodyears she had prior and had better snow traction (new tires with full tread vs, heavily worn and old tread so kind of obvious I would hope.)

Update...I have had these tires on our Atlas for ~2 years/18.3K miles, sitting at 9/32" all around, primiarly daily driven/around town miles. Just had them rotated at Discount Tire, do it evey 5K so third rotation. I think these are v. good SUV tires.

I just replaced the tires on my 2018 Mazda 3 GT with Cinturato P7 all seasons. They are indeed quiet and far better handling and ride quality compared to the junk Dunlaps that came on the car. I have Scorpion Plus 3's on my CX5 Turbo CE. They are much quieter than the Toyos that came as original equipment (Toyos were a nice riding and handling tire but wore out in 24K miles). The Scorpion's are also pretty good in packed light snow (haven't had them in anything deeper than 2 inches yet). I believe the Scorpions have a somewhat higher load rating making them better for SUVs, crossovers, vans, etc. Tire Rack had very good to excellent testing results and reviews on both tires.

^^^ Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season PLUS have been a go to tire for me as I’ve had 3 sets along with P4s as well.
Had a set when I first got my Sportwagen, very good all-arounders.

I think we have a set of the "2" model(Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 2)
on the 2013 equinox. They have been fine.

I say think because they have a bunch of similar named models.

Running them on a car that sees a lot of Uber. Almost 60K on them with about 4/32” of tread left. So far, so good. They’re comparable to the factory Bridgestone for comfort but better than the Defender LTXs that I installed before for “smoothness”.

Back