Any ONLINE retailers that you stopped using?

I used Buy.com and had a big issue. They changed names to Rakuten and I won't use them. I use Amazon all the time. They're great. Other than some golf specific online vendors, I pretty much buy everything from Amazon. If other businesses can't learn to compete with Amazon that is their fault, not mine. I'm not paying more for the same item.
Good for you. But I avoid amazon as much as I can. Vendors misrepresent products so I'm not sure I will get what I ordered. More for same item? I believe Amazon prices have gone way up once they knocked everyone out of business. Sometimes they are less but not so much anymore. Convenient? Sure, but you cant inspect an item for its quality or build issues unless you know the company and don't get a counterfeit even if you do. I only buy if amazon is the seller.
Just my experience and opinion. YMMV as they say

Good for you. But I avoid amazon as much as I can. Vendors misrepresent products so I'm not sure I will get what I ordered. More for same item? I believe Amazon prices have gone way up once they knocked everyone out of business. Sometimes they are less but not so much anymore. Convenient? Sure, but you cant inspect an item for its quality or build issues unless you know the company and don't get a counterfeit even if you do. I only buy if amazon is the seller.

I almost always only buy from Amazon, too.

I’ve cut way back on Amazon, too many third party sellers to sift through and they’re not really any cheaper than running to a store for most things anymore.

I’ll also never use RealTruck again. They promised 2 day shipping, took my money instantly, and then nothing, no response to my request for a cancellation over a week later. They didn’t care about the chargeback I started, but within an hour or 2 of me posting a 1 star review about them I got an apology email basically saying “because of the pandemic blah blah blah” and only then did they send my tonneau cover.

I don't have anything bad to say, so I'm going to bring up my positive experience. I had a defective starter (or so I thought) from Summit racing, and when I called them I got a person and she sent me a replacement immediately. I'm in Canada which probably complicates things but the transaction was so smooth I will try to buy as much as possible from them in the future.

I've bought a lot of good stuff from Amazon but I did get a really bad android car stereo for my truck. It was misrepresented by the third party, and then it became defective and I had to remove it and send it back. Bought a slightly more basic double din at Canadian Tire on sale for only $40 more, a pioneer that was 10x better quality.

I quit amazon a few years back because they're basically just one, big human rights violation.

More recently, carID.com. Sent the wrong parts on the first order, then refused to exchange it, so I cancelled the next order I'd made before the first one arrived. The lady I was talking to claimed she canceled it, but then they sent it anyway, causing me to have to get my alternative supplier to cancel their order which I'd purchased afterward to replace the cancelation. Then they offered me a $25 gift card "for my trouble", and hung up on me when I called to redeem it. So, yeah, eff carID.

Dropped Amazon some time ago for any auto related items or clothing. Other items only if I can't find it anywhere else. There's usually nothing on there that you can't find cheaper elsewhere. Dealing with third party sellers on there is sticking your neck in a guillotine. In defense of rock Auto, I've been dealing much with them for about 17 years and hundreds of orders. Other than one refusal of a return many years ago, I've had no problems at all with a handful of returns of damaged items. I recently bought an AGM battery from RA, that with shipping and sales tax, that was $37 lower than the same from Amazon ( not third party), with free shipping and sales tax. I had it in two days.

Dropped Amazon some time ago for any auto related items or clothing. Other items only if I can't find it anywhere else. There's usually nothing on there that you can't find cheaper elsewhere. Dealing with third party sellers on there is sticking your neck in a guillotine. In defense of rock Auto, I've been dealing much with them for about 17 years and hundreds of orders. Other than one refusal of a return many years ago, I've had no problems at all with a handful of returns of damaged items. I recently bought an AGM battery from RA, that with shipping and sales tax, that was $37 lower than the same from Amazon ( not third party), with free shipping and sales tax. I had it in two days.
I like Rock Auto also. Have never had an issue with them.

Edit: but I wish their shipping options were better. Getting charged a shipping fee for every item because they shipped it from different warehouses kind of sucks.

I’ve switched from Amazon to Walmart.com, but I only buy from Walmart and not their 3rd party sellers.

I no longer use rock auto

I don't have anything bad to say, so I'm going to bring up my positive experience. I had a defective starter (or so I thought) from Summit racing, and when I called them I got a person and she sent me a replacement immediately. I'm in Canada which probably complicates things but the transaction was so smooth I will try to buy as much as possible from them in the future.
Summit is great and I'd buy from them. Summit is not Amazon.

So......she is bribing me?

This is Helen from Lonove customer service.

Thank you for purchasing our space heater and for taking the time to leave your review.
I am really sorry the power cord didn't meet your needs.

If you don't mind, could you please help me change or delete the review of the space heater?
I will issue a full refund (order: 114-X612303-07562XX)for your help and you needn't return the item.

Here is the link of your review:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/
Here is how to edit:
To edit a review:
1.Go to Your Profile.
2.Choose the review you want to change in the Community activity section.
3.Edit or delete your review, as required. You can also hide it by selecting Hide on my profile from the three-button overflow menu.
Thank you!

I guarantee that after you delete the review, I will send the refund to you. You don't have to worry, it doesn't cost you anything.
Looking forward to your reply
Best regards
Helen

Has anyone ever got such an email?

I simply replied that I told the truth. Is this kind of stuff OK per Amazon, because if so - double down on the uselessness or Amazon reviews.

I've given up on Walmart.com. I put together an order of several household & toiletry items, far surpassed the "free shipping" threshold, went to check out, and noticed that one item is "store pickup only". Um, if I wanted to go to the store, I'd just get all this other stuff while I'm there. I don' t know what mindless drone is programming their site, but it pushed me over to the waiting arms of Amazon.

I cancelled my 'Amazon Prime' account because I don't like Bezos pushing a political agenda...

Back