Any ONLINE retailers that you stopped using?

I know a lot of folks have issues with RockAuto. I haven't and use them often. I stopped using ECS tuning after they baited and switched me on motor oil. Jegs may be next as the last couple times I have placed an order they notify me the next day that the parts are on backorder. Makes me angry and I haven't ordered with them in a year or so. Summit is great and walmart/amazon/ebay have also been pretty good to me. How about anyone else? Stopped using anyone because of.....?

Reactions: JC1
I don't do eBay anymore. About 50% of the time the seller didn't send it or I'd get something different from what I ordered. I've used Rock Auto several times in the past and have never had a problem with them or their products.

These guys:

It takes at least 1 week for them to ship out any order, sometimes as long as 3-4 weeks. They claim items are on backorder when they use the same suppliers as every other tool site.

Just Amazon I never have used them and never will. I have had excellent service from RockAuto and 1A Auto and will continue to use them and continue to use eBay as well. I have used Summit racing and Jegs too never had an issue with them either. And Rock Auto always sends you discounts too.

I'm about to drop Amazon. They are trying to take over every possible way to shop for anything and everything. I must have heard Amazon Prime 2 hour grocery delivery radio spot 6 times today at work. They will start mixing paint, delivering it same day and try to off Sherwin Williams and PPG paint stores, you watch.

I understand your sentiment, skyactiv. I've not used them much as I can usually find it cheaper elsewhere, plus, the delivery times (non-prime) for the few things I've bought this year have been excessive due to the pandemic.

SGAMMO. Because their prices (and other ammo stores) will cause a coronary shutdown! AKA-Heart attack
I've used SGammo for years. The prices aren't really their doing, just like when the prices were screaming cheap the past 4-5 years and Sam Gabbert, owner of SGAmmo was screaming to "stock up now, you'll never see prices this low again". He wasn't kidding!

I'm about to drop Amazon. They are trying to take over every possible way to shop for anything and everything. I must have heard Amazon Prime 2 hour grocery delivery radio spot 6 times today at work. They will start mixing paint, delivering it same day and try to off Sherwin Williams and PPG paint stores, you watch.

It's easy to do. I dropped Prime and then quit ordering from them 2 years ago. Looking back at my purchase history, 80% of the products I bought were impulsive or junk buys.

On rare occasion I order from them when they are bottom barrel on price, but nowadays BestBuy and Walmart aggressively price match to Amazon and get my business due to having a local presence.

I used Buy.com and had a big issue. They changed names to Rakuten and I won't use them. I use Amazon all the time. They're great. Other than some golf specific online vendors, I pretty much buy everything from Amazon. If other businesses can't learn to compete with Amazon that is their fault, not mine. I'm not paying more for the same item.

I've used SGammo for years. The prices aren't really their doing, just like when the prices were screaming cheap the past 4-5 years and Sam Gabbert, owner of SGAmmo was screaming to "stock up now, you'll never see prices this low again". He wasn't kidding!
IF you read my reply, l ALSO stated other ammo suppliers as well. And, l AM well aware that his costs are because of what his suppliers charge him.
I have talked to Sam several times and l think he's a very nice business man that looks out for the little guy. And yes, be has told me the same thing; stop buying boxes and stock up on bulk! He was right, and l did.
Another thing, why single me out? Had l said UNDERWOOD AMMO, would you have focused on me then too? SMH! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I really have cut back on Amazon. Frankly when we were in full lock down it was my emotional rescue for a bit but then they ran out. I pretty much don't use ebay anymore, but that stopped a few years back. I retire Jan 7, and we are moving. That alone makes you not want more "stuff". Trying to get rid of stuff!!

I get tons of car parts from Amazon, ebay and rockauto. Whoever's cheapest with shipping wins.. The warehouse deals can be a great place for car parts. Especially heavy bulky things that tear up packages like brake pads/rotors and shocks. Have gotten lots of that stuff for 1/2 off or more. (just got rear kyb gas-a-just shocks for an s-10 for $7 each shipped) Haven't had anyone burn me bad enough to say never again. Only time I get annoyed lately is when I try to buy parts at the local advance or oreilly..

overstock.com. hach-spit

They sell grey market items and try to send you back to the manufacturer for warranty issues, and of course if it was not imported properly by a sanctioned rep, the warranty is void. Their customer service reads from scripts and will admit nothing and cannot be reasoned with.

Never again.

Back