Any New Amsoil Formulations Coming Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Amsoil is working on a next generation oil? I know they think their Series 2000 0W-30 is way ahead of the competition, but I hope they aren't sitting on their laurels. I always wished they had a S2000 between the 0W-30 and 20W-50, maybe a 0W or 5W-40. Maybe I'll mix up some 20W-50 and 0W-30 for my own homebrew S2000 10W-40. Hmm, now I got myself thinking...
wink.gif

I havent' hear anything either.

But what I'm waiting for are the Sequence III test that Amsoil just finished up. From the mouth of Alan he said they ran the 10w30 3 times the standard lenght, and it was still good. The folks running the test didn't want to run it anylonger becuase there figured the oil was toast by then, Nope still good.

BTW, my regular oils have alot of trouble passing this sequence III, this is why you are seeing more group II+ and Group III formulations coming out, the old group I won't pass the test.

quote:

Originally posted by msparks:
But what I'm waiting for are the Sequence III test that Amsoil just finished up. From the mouth of Alan he said they ran the 10w30 3 times the standard lenght, and it was still good.

These test results have been up on the Amsoil web site for months. Click here.

quote:

I know they think their Series 2000 0W-30 is way ahead of the competition,

Little do they know.
grin.gif
Amsoil Series 2000 is hardly ahead of the competition. In fact, most Amsoil oils are right on par with the rest of the pack at this point. They are up there within the top 4 oils IMO. S2k is really an over-rated oil as we have seen. The sequence III has been done for months now.

[ May 31, 2003, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: buster ]

Amsoil continually upgrades their standard formulations. One of the main things they have been doing is reducing the high temp evaporation, ie Noack volatility, of all their oils. The Noacks of the 5w-30/10w-30 have been reduced from approx 7.0% to 4.9%/5.5% respectively. Noack of the 15w-40 has been reduced from 6.7% to 6.2%. This extremely low volatility helps keep the oil from excessive thickening over long drain intervals and reduces oil consumption and exhaust emissions.

I've also noticed that the detergent/dispersant mix in the ACEA , A3/B4 rated, 0w-30/10w-30 has changed.

Old formulation:
Mg, 300 ppm
Ca, 3000 ppm

New Formulation:
Mg, 700 ppm
Ca, 2500 ppm

This change is just starting to show up in UOA's, so it was probably made 6-8 months back. I monitor the spec sheets Amsoil puts out pretty closely and there is ususally a formulation upgrade about once every year to 18 months.

TooSlick
Dixie Synthetics

[ June 01, 2003, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: TooSlick ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back