Any idea on where to find specific Jack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Nissan Versa came with a jack that has a slit in the part that touches the car and it was designed to fit in a specific spot on the car.
Are there any 3rd party jacks that are like this? I went to a few shops while picking up other tools etc and found all of todays jacks are flat.
I could purchase an OEM on ebay etc but would rather not if I can as the Versa one has already failed recently.
frown.gif

Here is a picture of the Nissan one on Ebay that shows the opening in the jack that I speak of.
Thanks!
Datarock
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NISSAN-VERSA-Jac...2fe&vxp=mtr

Warranty over or not, you should contact Nissan about a defective jack. I hope you kept your old jack. I guarantee Nissan would rather give you a new jack than you informing the CPSC over a factory defect unit.

Why does nobody make these? Heck even Harbor Freight sells silted spacers that fit over a jack stand!

I think the best thing is the NAPA jack, the blue one with the RUBBER PAD, that would be the best way of dealing with this problem. The pad would conform over time, but the Versa is a light weight vehicle, and the pad would not slip out.

I would think you would have to modify a jack, and have a weld/machine shop make you a jack saddle that would fit the jack point. I got a Torin "big red" and it has a saddle "extension" for lifting trucks, you could just buy a machinist V block and weld it onto the removable extension piece.

Last edited:
x2 on the hockey puck. Get this to keep in your trunk and youll be golden. They have a coupon floating out there for $69.99 too IIRC.

Link

I just use a floor jack and find a piece of beefy frame up front around the engine, rear is trickier but there is usually a sturdy place if you look it over.

Last edited:
Yes, the auto salvage yards usually keep a collection of OEM jacks. It's the first thing they take out of the car before they put the car in its spot.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Yes, the auto salvage yards usually keep a collection of OEM jacks. It's the first thing they take out of the car before they put the car in its spot.

They leave them in at my local yard. And people take them out and use them - I saw a car on two jacks once, stacked on on top of the other, both fully extended
shocked.gif

Originally Posted By: Rand
I just use a floor jack and find a piece of beefy frame up front around the engine, rear is trickier but there is usually a sturdy place if you look it over.

Exactly. I hope you aren't using the emergency jack for regular maintenance. If so then do yourself a favor and get yourself a small hydraulic jack from HF or wherever and be glad you did. If you own cars you really ought to have one. For mine I just use a small piece of wooden block that sits on the saddle most of the time.
As for those fancy cool jack points I personally NEVER use them. I learned that lesson back in the 70's when I bent the sub frame on my VW Bus and shortly afterwards bent the point on my 87 Honda CRX. Never again unless it's along side the road using that [censored] little scissor jack they give you. There are always much more beefy places to use for jack points under a car. If you can't locate them have someone who does show you what they look like and you can figure it out for yourself easily enough after that.
Even the worst hydraulic is far better than the best scissor hack believe me. One consideration though, SADDLE HEIGHT. A lot of new cars are slung so low the standard hydraulics won't fit under them. Make sure you have the clearance before you go out and buy one. They do make low clearance jacks although they are more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back