Any Hot Wheels collectors among us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had them since I was a kid, but only in the last couple years have I paid attention to the pegs while at the stores.

I love the fact there are so many, and some highly collectible ones, as well as the fact the hobby is cheap. ($1.25 per car at Walmart CDN)

I keep most of mine in the package, but I have a few that were liberated due to either terrible card condition or just the fact they're common and easy to find.

An 8th gen Civic SI coupe on the dash of my 8th gen Civic SI sedan.

The 3 available so far 2017 Treasure hunt series. Less common models identified with a small circle flame logo on the model, as well as behind the model on the card (Next model should be in my hands within the next few weeks I hope) You can see the circle flame logo on the Winning Formula on the front air diffuser, and on the Fangula by the rear wheels on the door in the graphic. (It is hard to see in my pics)

These are just some new "D case" finds. The white 240Z is going to be a hot item. It is the first I've seen this model on shelves as of today 12/19/2016

Excited to find my first "error" Hot Wheels model. A lot of people collect errors and some are less obvious. This is a pretty good one! Funny enough, I actually wanted this model with all four wheels since I love muscle cars especially Mopars. It was the only one in the store. I'll go back in a few days.

If you guys are curious there is a lot more info on

hotwheels.wikia.com
hwtreasure.com
hallsguide.com
lamleygroup.com

My mom collected them for several years in the 90's. I was around 10 to 13ish years old.she collected the entire series for several consecutive years. I cant count the number of hours we spent driving around chasing hotwheels. We lived in Oklahoma and drove all the way to Lincoln, Nebraska one weekend before she found the final car to one years collection. Fun times.

I used to have a ton of them as a kid, though they were always played with, and not kept in their packaging. I was always into the genuine cars, not the imagined monsters or dragons with wheels that are popular with some.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I used to have a ton of them as a kid, though they were always played with, and not kept in their packaging. I was always into the genuine cars, not the imagined monsters or dragons with wheels that are popular with some.

Me as well (like the 5 in the one picture)

The Treasure hunts and possible errors are the only exception for me. I will buy those and just keep them in a container out of sight.

I love the rest of my collection. The Forza and Track Day series are lovely! (I have all 5 of each)

I started when i was young but slowed down about 10 yrs ago. I only get ones that i think are cool. Now i just buy for my son. Have close to 500-600 opened and unopened.

My son has a ton of them, and he's not even 2, LOL! Hot Wheels, Matchbox, and some others... wife buys them off other moms. Recently, he also got some new ones from his uncle, from his trip to the BMW factory in Munich, although I'm not totally sure who makes these for them...

DSC_6639.jpg

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
My son has a ton of them, and he's not even 2, LOL! Hot Wheels, Matchbox, and some others... wife buys them off other moms. Recently, he also got some new ones from his uncle, from his trip to the BMW factory in Munich, although I'm not totally sure who makes these for them...

DSC_6639.jpg

I wonder if the Italians have them at their factories
grin.gif

Last edited:
I still have all my Hot Wheels "redline" cars from the early-mid 1970's. Well played with and used,but completely intact. I also still have all my old Matchbox and Tomica (Pocket Cars) too.

Got a few more pics to add.
I love die cast collecting.

Pair of retro Dodge vans look great together. The A100 is a Peanuts Christmas theme, 2016 model.

cFIAu1g.jpg

lQuSHYb.jpg

my yougest son (26) has about six thousand hot wheels. some of them were mine when i was a kid. we have the red baron and many of the originals. we have many doubles and most unopened.

I wish I still had mine from 1969. I remember I got a deal where you could send away to Hot Wheels and get a limited edition Chrome bodied 1969 Mustang Mach 1. For an 8 year old, it took an eternity for that thing to come.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

DSC_6639.jpg

Those are really nice scale looking cars.

I'll need to keep an eye out for the 240z. Dad would get a kick out of it.

I bought the A Team van for my brother a few years ago. Even had the brush guard.

Just noticed the 240z was custom... meeeeeh.

Last edited:
I stop by the tow aisle every once in a while to see if there are any that I like. I have a bunch of them from my childhood. I used to crash them into each other and most of them have chipping paint.

I loved the Matchbox airplanes. This one is one of my favorites. Have a few others sitting around somewhere
32256719476_c6a023e036_b.jpg

This one is the closest I found to my Fiesta ST. I wish they made a 5th gen Maxima
32256725086_e998f76ce1_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back