Any happy Bosch Platinum +4 users?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran them in my Nissan truck for fifty thousand miles. They worked fine.

I wanted to try something diffrent so I replaced them with the two prong ones. They seem to work fine also.

I skipped reading the other threads to announce they suck. My best friend owns a BOSCH Service Center and they are not used under any circumstances. Too many bad reports on them. Typically, a customer comes in w/ a cold start or misfire situation. Change out the +4 for Supers...problem solved.

If they improved performance and/or fuel economy, I would think the companies would have them as OEM ??!!
confused.gif
dunno.gif
lol.gif

P.B.

I used them for 20K in my 2001 Mazda 626-V6 (2.5 KL engine). My car ran fine with them but i did notice a bit of a hesitation, especially when accelerating from a dead stop.

I changed to the factory recommended NGK double platinum plugs (single electrode) and my gas mileage went up approx 5-10%, and my hesitation went away.

Now before i go and blame the plugs design, i will note that the platinum+4 had a larger gap than the factory recommends for my car, so that could be part of the problem.

When i removed the plugs they looked very normal for 20K of service. I'm sticking with the NGK/Denso for my car from now on though, as that is what seems to work best.

FWIW, i used the Bosch+4 copper plugs in my old VW and had very good success with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back