Any Experience w/ Avon Motorcycle Tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting close to tire time for the Stilt (see sig). The factory Pirelli Scorpion Trail's will be about done when 5000 miles roll around, @ 4500 now. That few mm above the wear bars goes away quickly...

I'm either going to put on another set of the Pirelli's, or I've had one other Stelvio owner give a thumbs up to Avon Trail Rider's on his bike.

Looks like Avon's made in UK. their website has the usual hype about advanced dual compounds, high tech tough carcass, etc. Curious for anyone's real world experience with the brand.

I'm after grip over tread wear, and perfectly okay with the typical 5000 mile tread life I've always gotten with Pirelli's, and Pirelli's grip like freakin' glue. There is no substitute for superior tire grip on a bike. Essential !!

The only experience I've had with Avon is their Roadruner, which I have been running since 1981. I've tried Continental, Dunlop, Metzler, probably some others, nothing sticks to the road like the Avon when you are pushing it, especially in wet weather. I am certain that I have taken curves on these tires that anything else would have washed out, and 90 mph in the rain is simply not a problem.

Im using tbe Avon Roadrunner on my Guzzi Convert . I get agressine wifh the vert ,it cornres extremely well.
Your Stelvio is more Dual Purpose where im more x country.hwy
Your requirements differ ,i have a friend with a stelvio that has over 70k and hes usi g Dunlops now but h has used many diffrent brands so maybe others winn jump in, rethink your past history with tires and go from there.

TOMB

Not much following in the ‘States but have been around forever. I have a set of Gripsters on my KLR and they are a great 80% road tire. They are discontinued now.

Being mostly a road rider on my 800 XCx, I recently installed some new Bridgestone A41's. On the Tiger forums, lots of the off roaders like the Conti TKC80. Lottsa choices tho.. Good luck

Avon is a good, solid tire. I had a set years back and they were hands down better than the Dunlops Harley put on it.

I have run several sets on my Aspencade, have been happy with wear, handling, and longevity. They have been much better than the OEM Dunlops, and outperformed the Metzelers I ran before.

I've run Avon's in the past. But it wasn't recently enough to give an opinion on current offerings. I've been using Bridgestones in recent times on my Sportbikes, but I also just put on a set of Dunlops. So far the Dunlops seem good. I think that most tires are at least decent these days. Both Bridgestone and Dunlop make ADV tires, but I haven't tried them.

Maybe ask on ADVRider.com

I had Avons on my Suzuki GS and loved them. Would recommend highly
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back