Any deals on Xbox Live Gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had an Xbox 360 for a couple years now. Use it mostly as a Windows Media Center extender and streaming Netflix. Streaming Netflix requires an Xbox Live Gold subscription. Mine is just about up so I need to renew it. They've jacked up the prices and the best I can find is 12 months for $48.99 from Newegg. Anyone know of a better deal?

I didn't have it for a good 6 months, then one day on the dashboard it said "special offer! 12 months gold for $25! And I bought it on the spot. So keep an eye out for stuff like that. Other than that...there was just promotional 1 month extensions for $1.

It expired today, so when I turned on the Xbox, it gave me the option of renewing or reverting to the free Xbox Live. I selected the free one and then immediately on my dashboard there was a promotional offer for 3 months for $12.50. Not a stellar deal, but not bad and will keep me going for another 3 months while I keep my eye out for a good deal on a 12-month subscription.

I'm looking out for a deal, too. $12.50 for three months isn't a good enough deal for me, and I wouldn't want to mess with it three months from now again. Best I've seen through XBox was about $36 for a year. I'd jump at $25.

Xbox Live shouldnt cost $60 a year. PS3 is free for crying out loud! I cant live without HD netfilx and Call of Duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back