Any actual data on lifetime of Enhanced Flooded Batteries (EFBs) in Standard (not Stop-Start) Cars?

Noticed that the few EFBs retailed here (USA) are running about 5-15% over standard Flooded (long-warranty tier) prices at the same stores (AZone PepBoys, etc). Guess they are re-branded Exide/Stryten M51R-EXs, rather than, say, Vartas.

All claim enhancements like 1.5-2 greater "cycles" etc. Have the impression that EFBs have been more common elsewhere in the world for a while. So people must use them in standard cars, too. (Still flooded lead-acid so not even a question of whether or not to adjust "charging" profiles in older vehicles, as to better treat AGMs.)

Is there any real data on their operational lifetimes in regular cars? (Perhaps especially those that sit or only take short-trips.) Seems paying, say, 10% more for significantly longer life, might figure favorably in cost/value.

PS I do realize many here consider batteries a not-to-overthink generic consumable to be changed-out every x years.

newer cars with high drain electrical systems and or start stop will benefit from EFB’s and AGM batteries. I wouldn’t over pay for one in an older vehicle. Warranty would be more appealing to me such as an 18,24 or 36 month.

Well, FWIW, for the EFB, looks like they give it whatever their standard Platinum (AGM) battery gets - Autozone 36-month, PepBoys 48-month.
Have only seen one post here about the Exide/Stryten EFB (from last July in the Post Your New Battery thread). Believe Clarios makes EFBs too (saw as a Honda CRV H5/Group 47 replacement). Maybe someone from Europe will pop by...

Back