Anti-Roll Bar P Clamp broken cant get replacement.

All made now, will get fitting on the weekend.
IMG_20230327_141014.jpg

wondering if i should paint them or if i can get away with spraying on a wax coating on them?

may just leave them as is, just remembered my exhaust on the car is 304 stainless which i had put on in 2003 and it still looks like new 20 years later. stainless exhaust was the best decision i ever made when old one rusted out.

Finally done. Took 3 hours to fit it but know where i went wrong so will be prepared for next time. Replaced the one that was broken, would do the others too but they ok for now and besides gives me time to hunt down some new bushes.
IMG_20230402_163502.jpg

IMG_20230402_163518.jpg

Its a good fit, and being wider than the original clamp it holds the bush better.

Finally done. Took 3 hours to fit it but know where i went wrong so will be prepared for next time. Replaced the one that was broken, would do the others too but they ok for now and besides gives me time to hunt down some new bushes.
View attachment 148176

View attachment 148177

Its a good fit, and being wider than the original clamp it holds the bush better.
Thanks for the update! I was wondering if you'd complete that this weekend! You say the clamp is wider than stock? It actually looks like it should, that's perfect. And I bet the handling feels better now that the sway/stablizer bar is connected again. (y)

For my sway bar bushings I went with polyurethane so that they'd last longer. Energy Suspensions is who I used, just a thought if you were wanting to replace the bushings.

Great job!!😍

i am looking to replace the bushings so need to find them. for this model of car iv read that there are some poor quality poly bushes that dont fit right and others advise to stick to powerflex brand. the price for those are very high, i could buy 16 rubber ones and would last forever lol and still have spare money left over.
i could cut costs and put poly bushes on the rear clamps that dont have the bolt going through the shock absorber since those ones wont ever need to be disturbed i guess poly should be a fit and forget solution. the bush closer to the back of the car as in the new clamp i replaced i could stick with rubber and replace it when the shocks need replacing at the back?
not driven the car yet just moved it forwards and backwards on the driveway while doing the fitting. will drive it around in the weekdays coming.

can see from this close up pic the new clamp being 2mm wider than original clamp on the left covers the bush better with less gap visible of the bush on the sides of the clamp. im sure iv replaced this bush in the past since its in much better condition than the other 3 bushes on the car. im sure this clamp broke 12 or so years ago and was replaced with a genuine one from ford. i wonder if this clamp failed due to closer proximity to the exhaust backbox?

IMG_20230402_163518.jpg

Drove the car today and its driving good, rear end feels like its got more grip when turning and more level throughout a turn. Also no more noise from the back where the loose bar was hitting subframe over bumps.

Drove the car today and its driving good, rear end feels like its got more grip when turning and more level throughout a turn. Also no more noise from the back where the loose bar was hitting subframe over bumps.
That's awesome news!! I thought you'd be able to feel the difference once the rear sway was re-connected. Nice to know you were able to get all this fixed! (y)

Back