Another Trop Artic Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The local Farm & Home supply has Trop Artic synthetic blend for $1.50 a quart. This is one oil that I have no experience with.

Target vehicles are a 2009 Corolla, 2007 Ford Focus, 2001 Miata, and a 2008 F150 5.4L. All are getting 4,000 OCIs (or six months, whichever comes first).

The Corolla does 20 miles (round trip) two-lane to work & back with virtually no interstate (8K annually)

The Focus does daily 100 mile round trip all interstate (35K annually)

The Miata is mixed two-lane/interstate (20k annually)

The F-150 is parked, for the most part. It goes on trips. (8K annually).

We had been using Motorcraft 5W-20 and Valvoline 5W-30 (Corolla and Miata).

If this Trop Artic is any good then I'll stock up.........

It's good stuff, and that's a very good price. Less than I paid for it when it was on the clearance rack at Wal-Mart before they stopped carrying it.

The guy who measures for new carpet around here and drives a lot had a Chevy 1/2 ton that he used nothing but TropArtic in. 10-30. He had just over 300,000 on the engine with no rebuild and then gave it to his grandson. Said a garage did his service and he did not know the filter type but said he changed it at around 5,000 mile intervals.

Well my brother works at this store part-time and thinks that they'll give him a discount on top of that price so we'll have to wait until Tuesday when the sale actually starts....

Wish me luck.

Thanks for all of the replies.

Trop artic used to be all the rage on this board. Then it went to Pennzoil Platinum and now Yellow Bottle Pennzoil. Before that everyone was Havoline crazy. Then there was the GC era..I'm just wondering what the next "favorite" oil will be on here next month...

But, really - jump on that deal. Good oil, great price!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kballowe

We had been using Motorcraft 5W-20

Likely the same brew.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
I'm just wondering what the next "favorite" oil will be on here next month...

STP for sure.......
J/K!
My local farm supply store has it on sale now about every other month. I've purchased several cases. Time to stock up before the crude prices go up again.

Trop artic used to be all the rage on this board. Then it went to Pennzoil Platinum and now Yellow Bottle Pennzoil. Before that everyone was Havoline crazy. Then there was the GC era..I'm just wondering what the next "favorite" oil will be on here next month...

A sleeper oil on this board that's in the Trop Artic price range is Formula Shell. Alot of members here use Formula Shell with confidence.

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
TropArc probably isn't all that different from the Motorcraft you were using...

+1

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

A sleeper oil on this board that's in the Trop Artic price range is Formula Shell. Alot of members here use Formula Shell with confidence.

Last year they had a screaming deal on that Formula Shell but when I found out about it.... all they had left was SAE 30. So the lawnmowers are now getting a steady diet of Formula Shell. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back