Another record temp in Phoenix.

Looks like it will reach 104 deg F in Phoenix today. I believe the record is 101 for this day in October. Get the hot dogs out.

3C015A50-1E9D-4F91-AD9A-53499C7383B5.png
0F0D16FB-BFB8-45FC-8EF7-1F06FD98FF08.png

Gonna be in the higher 90's in Los Gatos today... Good thing I insulated the heck outta the house years ago. Cats gotta be comfy, right?

Temperature wise, we've been fairly normal here in CNY. But it's been a very dry fall. It rained for 2 or 3 months straight it seemed, then it just stopped 4 or 5 weeks ago. Not complaining!!!

In Kingman, we are usually 10 degrees or so lower than Lake Havasu City. Today will be over 90 again. We are enjoying it.

Days in the 90s are normal for Kingman in October and days in the low 100s are normal for Lake Havasu City in October. No, not every day, but they happen.

Is @Nick1994 going to bake dash cookies again?

Ship some heat over here.
40f in the mornings is a bit chilly. No more tee shirt into work at 5am.
(insert Canadian joke here)

This is a mild day :ROFLMAO:

I have a weather station at home that records the day’s lows and highs, I’ll report back later today.

Is a temperature measured over sand and rock at an airport truly reflective of the city temperature ?

The cement city is usually 2-3 degrees hotter than the empty desert, even though the city has almost as many plants.

Yeah… it’s gets hot out there at times…. I’m shocked.

My area hasn’t hit 100 degrees plus in a long, long time now.

We hit 105 back to back days in 2010 in my area… That summer was exceptionally hot.

All time record high is 107 I think. And that happened a long time ago.

Funny as this past summer a trough was fairly persistent upper level trough in the upper Midwest into the northeast a whole lot this past summer. Only a sparing few hot spells which were short lived.

That atmospheric setup kept many of those storms well off the western Atlantic coastline.

Also of note was the very hot weather in Texas and Louisiana into Mississippi this past summer. Very peculiar and different atmospheric setup that is typically observed.

Is a temperature measured over sand and rock at an airport truly reflective of the city temperature ?

there are specific build standards on the weather stations used by NWN, NOAA, CWOP, and other agencies..

its not some guy with a thermometer hanging on his window and a bucket for a rain gage. :)

Back