Another cvt/atf combo fluid

Seems as if another company Kendall has a cvt/atf combo fluid, if I’m reading this correctly.

I ordered some thinking it was the regular Kendall cvt fluid. I’ll email the seller to see which fluid is being shipped, it shows the combo fluid on the receipt but the pic on the order page shows the regular cvt fluid and the combo fluid with no option to select the regular fluid. I hastily ordered on my phone during lunch thinking it was a great deal, before realizing they have 2 fluids 😮

edit: Kendall may have released their fluid before castrol. The pds is dated 7-11-19

Last edited:
I tried using the castrol universal stuff in a cvt but for some reasson the belt started to make boogey man noises in the 2013 camry cvt
Oh no, how much was replaced? Did you replace with a cvt fluid immediately?

Saving a few bucks per quart on the fluid in the second most expensive part to replace on your car isn't the smartest choice. It probably won't kill the transmission, just make it run annoyingly.

Saving a few bucks per quart on the fluid in the second most expensive part to replace on your car isn't the smartest choice. It probably won't kill the transmission, just make it run annoyingly.
Maybe, quite a few members save a few bucks buying “suitable for use” fluids for their transmission’s without issue.

Last edited:
Well I tried it for the first time doing a few drain and refills in a 2006 530xi someone gave me and that 6 speed ZF automatic transmission shifts much better now. Trans had 171,000 miles on original fluid likely. The super harsh downshift to 1st gear is gone too. Previous to trying this, I have used tons of Maxlife ATF and it has never disappointed.

Well I tried it for the first time doing a few drain and refills in a 2006 530xi someone gave me and that 6 speed ZF automatic transmission shifts much better now. Trans had 171,000 miles on original fluid likely. The super harsh downshift to 1st gear is gone too. Previous to trying this, I have used tons of Maxlife ATF and it has never disappointed.
I’m about to try it on my 2016 crv cvt. I was hesitant but I’m taking the plunge.

Back