Another absolute biggest jerk encounter

Boy that was really nothing. Stuff like that happens every day. Every single day I see at least 3-4 cars driving around without their headlights on at night.

Some of the compilations ARE stupid.

Some include video from the mid-west or so where a garbage can blows across the road in front of a vehicle. Okay...

Good thing 2021 approaches....

He's lucky he didn't cause a major wreck and kill people - I've had sycos on the road do the same thing to me. Then you see them at the next town only 3 or 4 cars ahead ... they really made some big time there endangering everyone on the road !!

I would have certainly called it in to 911 ... the guy sounds like a complete danger to all drivers around him, regardless of the reason he was driving like that.

Years ago I was sitting in the passenger seat of my friend's Forerunner at a red light when I see a new F250 come flying up behind us. The traffic light was at the bottom of a steep hill and I voiced my concern that the F250 was in a rush and perhaps "we" should move up a little and let the guy make a right on red. Too late, the F250 pops onto the curb and drives past us with the passenger side wheels on the sidewalk. Three seconds later an unmarked police vehicle with the Lo-Jack antennas on the trailing edge of the roof proceeds down the same path of the F250. The F250 missed us by inches, the unmarked cruiser by a foot.
In the original post it was mentioned that the KIA was passing on the dirt shoulder, that has all the markings of a stolen car situation. Which means either running from police and/or "not my car" syndrome so anything goes.

From my position as an elder....

On emergencies: when I absolutely, positively have to get somewhere, or on time, I actually drive better. I practice (in my head) explaining it to a cop, and I always lose time.

On the video:
I have taken a huge dislike to folks who will not turn the steering wheel anymore, especial at low speeds - as in entering or maneuvering in a parking lot. (Also driving straight down the middle of lanes.) I suspect it's a function of the fattening of America (Learned to not spin the steering wheel.)
They drive wide like it's a 35 foot truck.
I'm always in my side of the lane (except when entering the actual spot), for both inside (right) or outside (left) turns, and will sometimes sit there as folks try to wave me out so they don't have to steer. About half will go on so as to not have to turn properly. (And no, I'm not blocking the spot they seek - this is for them to travel on down the lane.)
Isn't it fun to turn a car sharply and precisely?

From my position as an elder....

On emergencies: when I absolutely, positively have to get somewhere, or on time, I actually drive better. I practice (in my head) explaining it to a cop, and I always lose time.

On the video:
I have taken a huge dislike to folks who will not turn the steering wheel anymore, especial at low speeds - as in entering or maneuvering in a parking lot. (Also driving straight down the middle of lanes.) I suspect it's a function of the fattening of America (Learned to not spin the steering wheel.)
They drive wide like it's a 35 foot truck.
I'm always in my side of the lane (except when entering the actual spot), for both inside (right) or outside (left) turns, and will sometimes sit there as folks try to wave me out so they don't have to steer. About half will go on so as to not have to turn properly. (And no, I'm not blocking the spot they seek - this is for them to travel on down the lane.)
Isn't it fun to turn a car sharply and precisely?
I always think sloppy drivers are just on their phones and can't be bothered to steer straight. I've seen a few car drive sloppy and drift out of the left lane onto the left and I'm thinking they're going to smash into the concrete barrier once the shoulder ends a few feet later but then they just move back into the lane. There are bike lanes here too so lots of drivers like to drive in the bike lane and it's also marked. All I can think of is when they go over the line, those are probably where all the nails and other road debris that can cause flats.

i had to be the “jerk” driver running my wife to hospital(three kids in tow fighting no less) after some bee stings and she goes into anaphylactic shock. I drove down breakdown lane and skimmed through 4 red lights.

We have done the rodeo before, she gets in quickly with emergent situation and released 60 mins latter.

Insanely she is a beekeeper.

Edit: I used to work with this whacked out PhD nutcase who used to do animal studies before getting into the computer business. I'll always remember what the he said years ago; "Even friendly lab rats chew each other's legs off when the cage gets too crowded".
Those are select-bred rats. Certain genes, certain traits, no crazies. Outcome might be different with NYC or Los Angeles street rats.

We had a tanker truck tailgating us on a straight flat state road for about 10 miles with plenty of opportunity to pass. We turned off making a left turn and he honked at us for not getting out of his way soon enough.

Youd think somebody who drove for a living would not act this way, but then again, just about anybody and drive a semi unfortunately.

It would be nice to explain to him that if you are 80,000 lbs of rolling thunder and I can’t see your headlights, you’re too close.

I am presently in New England.. Have to see if my check is at my old address before I go back home. And I hope it is.

Driving has been relatively safe today. I think everyone is still hung over.

*sane not safe. No real incidents to mention. Just a couple cars feeling they are ravers today. Nothing special or extremely postmortem.

Nothing really of mention to note in the 2-300 miles I drove so far.

I'm about to enter Massachusetts then drive back home, so. 2021 we are here...

So happy it is 2021.

We had a tanker truck tailgating us on a straight flat state road for about 10 miles with plenty of opportunity to pass. We turned off making a left turn and he honked at us for not getting out of his way soon enough.

Youd think somebody who drove for a living would not act this way, but then again, just about anybody and drive a semi unfortunately.

It would be nice to explain to him that if you are 80,000 lbs of rolling thunder and I can’t see your headlights, you’re too close.
Dudes like that need a brake check (use a beater car for that with a Hans device on) so he can experience how a semi with trailer under emergency braking goes into a jack-knife and into the ditch. Then he can lose his CDL. :sneaky: From what I see on the roads, half of the semi drivers shouldn't even be on the road in any vehicle, let alone a semi truck.

Dudes like that need a brake check (use a beater car for that with a Hans device on) so he can experience how a semi with trailer under emergency braking goes into a jack-knife and into the ditch. Then he can lose his CDL. :sneaky: From what I see on the roads, half of the semi drivers shouldn't even be on the road in any vehicle, let alone a semi truck.

I've let those big, bad, scary 😮semi drivers have an Intimidation Fail of tailgating me right past the State Police on a two-lane road.

Then you realize, the police just sit there..........

I will now watch this video in honor of this thread.

I have to be in here at 5.

^^^ Some truck drivers are basically big cry baby bullies on the road. They think they are the only vehicles on the road, and that everyone should get out of their way instead of driving based on what's going on around them. If they tailgate other cars (especially if intentional to intimidate) then they get what they deserve. I had a buddy many years ago that drove big trucks, and he and his buddies for the company they all drove for had many stories of how they ran cars off the road and thought it was a big cool game amongst them. They used their big trucks to intimidate other vehicles on the road ... those guys are very unprofessional and shouldn't have a license to drive a big truck on public roads.

^^^ Some truck drivers are basically big cry baby bullies on the road. They think they are the only vehicles on the road, and that everyone should get out of their way instead of driving based on what's going on around them. If they tailgate other cars (especially if intentional to intimidate) then they get what they deserve. I had a buddy many years ago that drove big trucks, and he and his buddies for the company they drove for had many stories of how they ran cars off the road and thought it was a big cool game amongst them. They used their big trucks to intimidate other vehicles on the road ... those guys are very unprofessional and shouldn't have a license to drive a big truck on public roads.

That's more than likely the kind I had.

I've been on NJ Turnpike and it is usually the Mack dump trucks that do this. Ever been tailgated at 80MPH by a Mack dump truck?1
So. Most people get out of their way. They are stupid.. when you let the raging vehicle in front of you, they can brake check you, etc!

Not me. I let them tailgate me for a good mile or so.

And remember.. they don't want to jack up their insurance!

I’m feeling better … my aggressive encounter with a green Kia Soul was I got the lane she wanted in Austin … so right after that this fat n tatt with six color (but short) hair pulls along side and shows me an extra long and well decorated fingernail … but just one …
Wish I could of clipped a battery charger to some of the terminals she had in her face …

Back