Another 3.16 Million GM Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: wirelessF
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Well, I keep waiting for them to recall my Silverado for something... I'm starting to feel left out!
crackmeup2.gif

So the GM trucks are better then? No surprise since I find their trucks to be better than their disposable cars.

At the bottom of the article:
57,192 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500/3500 HD and 2015 GMC Sierra 2500/3500 GMC Sierra HD to inspect for proper attachment of power steering hose clamps. If the vehicle is driven with the clamp unattached, the truck suddenly could lose power assist to the steering and brakes and be harder to control. GM knows of no crashes or injuries from the condition.

I just read where this is GM's 44th recall this year.

This company should have been allowed to die of a well-deserved death instead of being propped up with taxpayer money.

I jumped a bit when I saw "Regal" on there. Then I realized it was the old model. Then Olas mentioned that "in the UK Vauxhall Astra and the Insignia both have a similar fault" -- and my Regal is based on the Insignia!

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
When GM will do a recall for 1994 Lexus LS400 ? The body and interior pieces are falling apart, need a recall !

Maybe they'll recall my Jeep for it's head cracking. It hasn't cracked yet ... but it could!

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Wow ... pretty soon they are going to have to start recalling other brands' products when they run out of their own vehicles.

AAAAAND WE'RE DONE HERE FOLKS LOL.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Wow ... pretty soon they are going to have to start recalling other brands' products when they run out of their own vehicles.

I like your way of thinking! I've got a tired old Camry in need of anything they want to recall on it!

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
All I can say is, I'm glad they're taking it seriously now. I'll give GM credit for that.

I'm glad someone else looks at it the same way. Instead of hiding it under the bed sheets, they're taking responsibility for their actions in the past and doing something about it.

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
All I can say is, I'm glad they're taking it seriously now. I'll give GM credit for that.

I'm glad someone else looks at it the same way. Instead of hiding it under the bed sheets, they're taking responsibility for their actions in the past and doing something about it.

They hid the ignition issue for years... So actually they did hide it under the bed sheets but got caught.

Slightly OT- I just caught this listening to the news. It looks like the NTSB is checking into Chrysler for possible ignition switch problems...............There'll be more to follow I'm sure.

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS

If they really cared that much, they would have gone back, and recalled most of their V6 engines that have weak intake manifold gaskets.

Strange: GM gets in trouble because thier ignition switches turn off the car while driving, and Toyota gets in trouble (runaway throttles) because their push-buttons they use DON'T allow you to turn the car off while driving that easily.

Originally Posted By: FetchFar
Strange: GM gets in trouble because thier ignition switches turn off the car while driving, and Toyota gets in trouble (runaway throttles) because their push-buttons they use DON'T allow you to turn the car off while driving that easily.

Interesting dichotomy, eh? And with 9 of the 13 reported incidents suggesting driver impairment in decade old car, too.

Absolute baloney as far as I'm concerned...

I don't know about being "complete" baloney but it does underscore how many things have to go wrong. Bad switch, too many keys on the ring, bad driver and bad luck. Remove any one of them, and voila! no incidents.

I'll say this for them - they're persistent to the point of driving me batty with recall notices on the ignition cylinder for the Solstice.

They've sent at least two letters to the lake house, which is the address I used for the purchase of the car.

They've figured out I have another address for the other Pontiacs, and have sent letters there.

The other day I got an e mail about it.

Now, I'm getting postcards from the dealer about the recall.

I think it's been almost two years since the car has moved from the garage, so I don't have much interest in getting it out just for this recall (GM knows this too - the OnStar subscription is still active).

Particularly when the switch works just fine.

I understand erring on the side of caution, but this seems really overblown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back