Buick Lacrosse -- 2005-2009
Chevrolet Impala -- 2006-2014
Cadillac Deville -- 2000–2005
Cadillac DTS -- 2004–2011
Buick Lucerne -- 2006–2011
Buick Regal LS & GS -- 2004–2005
Chevy Monte Carlo -- 2006–2008

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Wow ... pretty soon they are going to have to start recalling other brands' products when they run out of their own vehicles.

I almost chocked on a pretzel
laugh.gif

Vauxhall is their UK name, Opel is the name they use in Mainland Europe. But if your Govt. Had their way GM would have been liquidated by now.

Well, I keep waiting for them to recall my Silverado for something... I'm starting to feel left out!
crackmeup2.gif

Hard to believe that Grand Prix is not on the same list as the Regal, Impala and Monte Carlo. Guess we had special ignitions.
Or they don't give a rat's ...

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Well, I keep waiting for them to recall my Silverado for something... I'm starting to feel left out!
crackmeup2.gif

So the GM trucks are better then? No surprise since I find their trucks to be better than their disposable cars.

My old 81 Regal and 83 Camaro,and 89 S10 which are all in the dumper now probably will be recalled next.

crackmeup2.gif

Me too, I expeted a recall on my 1999 S-10, Nissan PathFinder, and the Trailblazer.

These companies gotta quit using those Chinese knockoff parts.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Olas
Vauxhall is their UK name, Opel is the name they use in Mainland Europe. But if your Govt. Had their way GM would have been liquidated by now.
Actually the government saved GM in the 2007 recession, or they would (probably should) have been liquidated.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Actually the government saved GM in the 2007 recession, or they would (probably should) have been liquidated.

AFAIK they went bankrupt anyway.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle

Pure politics.... they would have had to downsize and reorganize under bankruptcy protection but not necessarily liquidated. That is what should have happened. IMO

crackmeup2.gif

Dude. Tie rods or something just got recalled on the trucks. Or something improperly torqued.
My buddy just had his 3500 dragged in to Chevy last month.

All manufacturers have issues. Some more than others.

All I can say is, I'm glad they're taking it seriously now. I'll give GM credit for that. I already scheduled an appointment to get the ignition recall done on my mom's Impala.

And as a perfect example for why a manufacturer shouldn't have two models using the same name... CBS News showed video and pictures of the new Impala... when it is the old model that is under the recall order.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back