Anne Heche has died.

She was also driving a mini cooper. Makes you wonder if she would have had a better chance with a bigger car like a Suburban. I think it was a brain injury that did her in.
I don't know if another car would have saved her. She was in that burning car for a very long time and her lungs got cooked. I did not think she would survive and was just waiting for the sad news. I was not surprised when they announced she was brain dead.

On the other hand, as slo town observed: "Watch that video of her screaming down that residential street at 90mph.....it was nothing short of a criminal act."

What caused her to crash into house ?

I agree her lungs were damaged with the fumes and smoke she inhaled.

What caused her to crash into house ?

I agree her lungs were damaged with the fumes and smoke she inhaled.

Drugs is my guess. She had no idea what she was doing. I heard she had already crashed the car into a garage somewhere else earlier on.

Her lungs were burned. That is usually what kills burn patients. I used to work at a hospital that had a burn center. Once the lungs are affected that’s pretty much it. The burns themselves are bad enough but without oxygen everything shuts down.

Don't speak ill of the dead eh. But I agree with a majority of comments in here.
Is speaking simple truth bad? probably depends.

It's too easy to pass judgement on others. For some reason, for me these things are easier to accept if there is something (i.e., drugs) to put blame vs. the freak accident that bbhero shared with us recently. Having said that, it is sad that life happens one way or another and even with the best intentions, bad things often happen. RIP.

Six Days and Seven Nights was a decent movie. Other than that I didn’t see anything else with her in it. She led a complicated and troubled life.

In the end it appears she was under the influence of drugs when she crashed.
But the toxicology reports haven't concluded yet. They're not sure if it was prescribed meds or illicit. That usually takes a couple weeks according to reports.

But the toxicology reports haven't concluded yet. They're not sure if it was prescribed meds or illicit. That usually takes a couple weeks according to reports.
But we do know she was blasting along at 90mph down a residential street. I suppose if she was drug free that makes it even more inexcusable.

Scott

I find it irresponsible for the authorities to release this information until they know the full story or at least half the story. For them to say there was Fentanyl in her system but they don't know if it was administered in the hospital sounds scandalous and unnecessary. They could easily find out is she was given fentanyl in the hospital.

It's a sad example of Don Henley's Dirty Laundry song.

She was also driving a mini cooper. Makes you wonder if she would have had a better chance with a bigger car like a Suburban. I think it was a brain injury that did her in.
5C285ECB-3336-4C4C-97F3-FAE3BF34DFE9.jpeg

TMZ photo.

The passenger/safety cell seems to have held up well. The fire apparently was the biggest problem.

The passenger/safety cell seems to have held up well. The fire apparently was the biggest problem.
What year do you think that was? Do they have collision prevention? Maybe that might have worked.

The sad part for me is she didn't seem to have a support system to help her through a tough time.

Her two boys are likely too young to really understand or respond that their Mom needed some extra-extra love and caring.

- Ken

In honor of Anne I watched the movie “Wag the Dog” featuring her, Dustin Hoffman and Robert DeNiro. Very funny satire (although could be very close to the truth) and Anne was terrific in it. She was perfect for the part. I’m going to miss her…..

I'm glad no innocent people were injured or killed.Even grown ups do stupid things and pay the ultimate price.You would think at 53 she would have made better choices.I hope she finds the peace in death she couldn't find in life.

I remember seeing her in one of the soaps (my gf used to be hooked on those things and would record them to watch later). I always thought she was gorgeous!!

Back