Android users - experiencing recent GPS issues?

Originally Posted by Dave9
^ Of course. If you compare the power saving features on ancient cheap phones, they didn't do as much. Android evolves, and more Power Saving features to come in Pie 10/Q.

Always assume you should disable Power Management if a feature doesn't work, especially on more modern phones that get updates, unlike the old LG's.

Thank you for that info.

I was in Target yesterday, just to look at what they stock for upgraded phones. As I was talking to the employee, a lady came up and told us a pretty long string of events with her Note 10's GPS. Maps has been doing the exact same thing to her, for a while now.

Actually, one other question -- he had said the Google Pixel phones were nice.

I know nothing about them - any users and opinions?

Originally Posted by mjk
Actually, one other question -- he had said the Google Pixel phones were nice.

I know nothing about them - any users and opinions?

I've had a few of them. They're thought to be the cutting-edge of what can be in a smartphone.
Seems there are endless discussions how good/bad they are. The main thing that seems to be
best in class is the camera. I don't care much about a camera so I'm probably throwing away
my money buying Pixel phones. But, I look for deals, and got a decent one for the 4XL.

Downsides of some of the previous models were batteries that swelled.
Downside of the current 4/4XL is it was skewered by the influencers when it first came out, adam-henrys who just
want to get clicks. Hence, why I was able to get a deal.

Does anyone here own a Samsung S7; if so, what are your opinions.

I ask, as Verizon (pre paid option) has refurbished models for less than the J3 I currently use. I was leery about buying a refurb'd phone, but an IT friend bought his entire family 4 reconditioned phones off of Amazon, and has had zero issues, over the last year plus.

Thanks.

Depends how much you care bout having the latest software and security patches. If you just use the phone for calls text email web it's a great phone.. If you do personal banking maybe security might be a concern. S7 is still a flagship device just now dated.

My wife still uses her S7 and it works for her needs fine. As stated above - its a flagship phone, but is getting dated at this point. I wouldn't count on much in the way of upgrades to software moving forward from here.

I upgraded from an S6 Active to an S10+, and there were many things I had no idea they weren't working in apps until the upgrade. All depends on what level of service you want to accept...

My phone really is a phone/text platform. The caveat is that I am having to use Google Maps much of the day (hopefully short term), as I took on a different job while on furlough.

Storage space is really not a concern, but I know the Ram is double what I currently have, so flipping between the few apps that I have to use, should be quicker. My guess is the J3 has the same issues as the 7, in that it is dated, and updates are happening quarterly, at best.

I don't stream music or movies on a phone. Mainly simple Google searches (news updates, etc), a few short YouTube videos, etc.

Back