Amsoil XL vs Regular Amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I know the regular Synthetic is more expensive than the XL version. Is the regular Amsoil, the non-api certified better than the XL?

Also which is the best oil for a new car these days? The regular Amsoil or the XL stuff?

I plan to go 10,000-15,000 OCI on the regular amsoil stuff YET the XL can go to 10,000 OCI.

On the bottle it says it can do 25,000 OCI for normal and 15,000 for severe.

Do any die-hard Amsoil people in here ever do a 15,000-25,0000 OCI? I read some who change amsoil at 3000-5000 OCI, which I think is a waste.

I'm starting to think I can do 15,000-20,000 OCI with a filter change every 10,000 miles. I am not afraid to do this. What you you guys think?

Lastly, do you think the additives in the normal Amsoil are bad for a QR25DE engine.

Last edited:
Each of the 3 oils have their seperate formulations for their intended useage.If you look at the posted UOAs you will find that most users of syn oils believe all the hype except that the oils goes their respective distances. The base stocks are different and I am too lazy to get into them but the Amsoil site sponsers are great guys that will give you honest info.

I love Amsoil products, they all seem to be very good. However, being the service manager at a Nissan store, and I know others may disagree because of whatever UOA they may be looking at, but I personally would NOT run any oil in a Nissan engine for 10-15k. What year is your QR engine? I see these things everyday, and they really don't seem to hold up well on extended intervals.

I have a 2009 Rogue which I am cleaning with Penzzoil Platinum Ultra for 10,000 miles before I use my Amsoil 5w-30 stash which I stated earlier that I might go 15-20k.

Now that I am older I want to spend less time under the vehicle. Hopefully.
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: casperfun

Do any die-hard Amsoil people in here ever do a 15,000-25,0000 OCI? I read some who change amsoil at 3000-5000 OCI, which I think is a waste.

I don't know as though I'm a diehard AmsOil person, but I have done it. Here's an old UOA I posted under my old account. I have more UOAs on long OCIs from other vehicles as well . . . somewhere . . . I know they're in a safe place . . . somewhere . . .

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...true#Post255963

I have run several cars 200k plus on 20 to 25k oil changes using Amsoil. Right now due to warranty I'm using the XL.BUT if and when I do long extended drains I will get a oil analysis done at 10k to start with and go from there.The SM who says Nissan engines don't do well on extended service might be right.But until its known the type of oil and how long extended your in the dark.Oil analysis will set your base line and tell whats going on in your engine.Use Amsoil long lige oil filters also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back