amsoil xl 5w20, thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: buster
Was running Amsoil 0w-20 in an 07 Mazda 3 with the 2.3L. Now using M1 5w20 and it's just as quiet and smooth. Not sure how people are hearing noise differences among oils. Has to be in your head, in most cases.

In my case, my 2000 E430 is much quieter with PP 5W20 and M1 0W20 compared with M1 0W40. It is very easy to hear or not to hear engine noise at stop light after engine warmed up. Windows up without stereo and fan speed at lowest setting, I can not hear engine noise with xW20, all I hear is fan noise. With M1 0W40, I can not hear fan noise until it was set at medium or high speed.

I also find it extremely odd and the whole notion that ANY oil (let alone Amsoil ASL) could sludge up an engine with 6k OCI's as highly suspect. What did this person do...dump in some cheap oil additive that caused it to gum-up? No oil deserves to have it's reputation tarnished from such a story.
How about some more facts/data about this?

The owner has brought it in here every 6k for changes and used Amsoil since 2006.He rotates his tires and changes oil everytime.

When I find the pics I will post them up.

with the web page amsoil says if you mix xl with another they will not stand behind the 7500miles they will only cover you if the last oil was amsoil heads i win tails you lose.

Last edited:
My bet is there is some mechanical issues with the engine, perhaps a trickle of coolant entering the oil?

AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back