Amsoil vs Schaeffers ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last weekend we did a trans flush on my friends 2010 silverado 2500 6.0L with a 6L90. Had the factory fill fluid at 145K. We dropped the pan and replaced filter then filled it with Schaeffers Dex VI/MERC LV. Trans shifted extremely smooth and after his nearly 50mi road trip home he noted that his normal trans temp cruising went from 175F to 110F.

I believe both are super products. I guess I was wondering if some of you have experience using both of them. Is there a significant difference in their composition? Is one better than the other?

I can't speak for Schaeffers personally because I haven't used it but I have been around here long enough that I have heard all their fluids are top notch stuff and if I could find it I would definitely give it a try on it's reputation here.

I can only vouch for Amsoil and the ridiculous miles I put on my vehicles. Would another fluid suffice? Sure, But their ATF's make for excellent shifting and always come out cherry red and clean when I change them a long time later only because I'm axious about it and not because it needs it.

If you contact the Amsoil techline they will actually give you specific mileage their product is good for in your application for both Severe Duty and Normal Duty. They did so when I contacted them in the past for my Santa Fe and Highlander. (It's good in the 2018 Highlander for exactly double the intervals the OE calls for where it isn't "Lifetime")

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back