Amsoil Universal Atf in Ford requiring Mercon V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone out there running the Amsoil Universal ATF in a Ford Transmission that requires Mercon V?
Any problems with it? I need to change in the near future and want to go to a full synthetic. I have their oil in the trucks engine already. And I'm very happy with it. Thanks

It's in my F-150 4R70W, pulling a travel trailer in the Rockies, gets plenty hot, even with the trailer package cooling, but stays a pretty red. I switched at 52,000, and filter, now have 91,000 and no problems. Using 2K 0W-30 in the engine, no problems.

I have a 98 Taurus that has about 3 years on the ATF. I requires Mercom V, It only has about 17,000 miles on the fluid.

Have not decided when to change it yet. Shifts real nice and the color looks good also.

I have been using Amsoil transmisson fluid (complete fluid change) for the last 2 years and in Edmonton it is not uncommon to get to -35 Celsius. The transmission in my 98 Crown Victoria preforms flawlessly.

Not to knock on Amsoil, but I feel that this is a case where Merc V should be used, especially in a 4R70W tranny.

I just did my 02 F-150 Super Crew...filter and and Valvoline Merc V came to about $70 bucks.

I dont suppose that your truck is still under warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back