amsoil sso 0/30 10000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
08 toyota rav4 v6 amsoil sso o/30
Blackstone comments:

These are "wow" results. You ran this oil more than twice as long as your last fill and the engine didn't notice. Not only did wear barely move but the copper has actually improved. That's not common but we certainly aren't complaining. The results here are a great indication your engine is a perfect candidate for even longer oil change intervals. The oil held up well for this 10,000 mile interval. The viscosity was fine the the TBN of 3.5 is still above the 1.0 we consider too low.

Code:

OIL MILES IN USE 10000

Vehicle MILES 4500

ALUMINUM 3

CHROMIUM 0

COPPER 4

IRON 10

LEAD 0

TIN 0

MOLYBDENUM 7

NICKEL 0

MANGANESE 1

SILVER 0

TITANIUM 0

POTASSIUM 6

BORON 24

SILICON 24

SODIUM 10 24??

CALCIUM 3487

MAGNESIUM 14

PHOS 590

ZINC 698

BARIUM 0

INSOLUBLES 0.1

WATER 0

FLASHPOINT ºF 380

SUS VIS 210ºF 57.1

cSt @ 212ºF

Last edited by a moderator:
BITOG seriously needs to make the "code" function MUCH easier for people to use. It will make the oil analysis section a much better place to be at.

OP, nice results. What are you plans for the next run? Going to extend a bit further?

Are there 45,000 miles on the engine(4500 obviously is off?)?

Insanely low insols.

Whatever the OP is doing, it's working so far. Going to 12,500 mile intervals and calling it a day is what I'd do, with the ability to go up to 14,000-15,000(max) if I couldn't get around to things.

oem filter changed at 5000 miles.No make up oil didnt use a drop.veh has 45000 miles on it

^Have a picture of your spark plugs PLEASE when they are pulled for replacement/inspection.

I had terrible looking plugs recently after just 4,000 miles and I am "hopeful" that it's related to fuel additive use and not a mechanical condition.

Originally Posted By: Artem
BITOG seriously needs to make the "code" function MUCH easier for people to use. It will make the oil analysis section a much better place to be at.

OP, nice results. What are you plans for the next run? Going to extend a bit further?

Easy if you want to learn.

Code works great if you use notepad
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

Bill,

Maybe a moderator should create/start a thread showing us less web saavy folks how it's done.

Thanks in advance

Originally Posted By: Hermann
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

Bill,

Maybe a moderator should create/start a thread showing us less web saavy folks how it's done.

Thanks in advance

Sticky thread on the first post/top of this section of the board.

Once you try it and get the hand of it MUCH easier. The big thing is once you are in the code formatting it lines up just as you see it on the screen.

I go in and fix quite a few a week to help out. Trust me if it was a "tech" type thing I'd be the last to get it done!
48.gif

Take care, bill

Originally Posted By: kemo
Link says "ACCESS DENIED"

Hmmm.

Originally Posted By: bill in utah

Sticky thread on the first post/top of this section of the board.

Once you try it and get the hand of it MUCH easier. The big thing is once you are in the code formatting it lines up just as you see it on the screen.

Quoting it to see what is wrong....

Works for me. Try it again and if it does not clear your browser cache and see if it still has access denied.

Its the TOP thread in this section.

Let me know, Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back