Amsoil SS vs M1EP 0w20..if same price..

I am stuck overseas driving a 2014 RAV4 during a work assignment.

Amsoil SS and M1EP are both ~$11 a quart..
Is it a new brainer to go with Amsoil in this case?

I drive about 7,500 miles per 18 months. I would like to push 18 months since I really don't drive this car much.
I only drive the car once or twice a week since the public transportation is so good and cheap here. Last month: 4 days of operation

I know both are considered good oils, and I would go with M1EP from walmart if i were in the US due to price. That is not the case here.

They're not both $11/qt, Mobil 1 EP is around half that if you buy it from any reasonable retailer and don't believe in some Amsoil shill's marketing wank about going into a parts store and comparing Amsoil to per quart oil at the parts store.

In your situation, either would be fine but seeing how the price is the same I’d go with the AMSOIL SS. I used to have a Ford plug-in hybrid that had 20K mile OCIs. My UOAs showed SS looking better on paper at 26K than M1EP did at 19K.

If price is the same? Yeah I'd go with the Amsoil SS.

Here it isn't and for $29 bucks for 5 quarts at Walmart, I have recently decided to go with the added PAO in the Mobil1 (compared to to other options at Walmart, and Amsoil isn't one of them). I wish Amsoil would team up with Walmart...I bet it would be like $6 bucks a quart. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Get the Amsoil just because the M1 is priced the same. Report b ack on the wonders of the Amsoil.

Thanks all.. I went with ASS 0w-20.
I knew this 2.5L 4cyl isn't picky about oil at all, so I knew any "premium" oil would put into my RAV4 would place it above 99% of other RAV4s

Report b ack on the wonders of the Amsoil.

Went to a "labor only" type of chain they have here. $55 of ASS + $10 for Toyota OEM filter + $20 labor = $85. (Toyota dealer is $130)
The place used a weird looking suction device which hooked up to the drain hole... almost like doing a transmission service.

Anyways.. drove the 2 miles home... i was wishing that it would cure the random vibrating issue at traffic lights at certain idle RPM (not from engine.. maybe a loose panel/screw type of sound). Overall, zero difference. :) I just wanted the perceived longevity anyways.

Last edited:
I'd try the Amsoil for the high moly; Then the M1 to see if your ride "likes" one best.

Back