Amsoil SS 5w30, 12,391 miles, 2010 Toyota Corolla 1.8L 2ZR-FE

I’d not taken an oil this far before, so I was a little cautious taking it much farther until I saw how it did going nearly 2 1/2 times longer on the OCI than the previous run (Valvoline ML FS 5w30). Very good results. TBN was identical to the previous 5300 mile run with the MaxLife. The OEM Toyota filters continue to do well, and I’m seeing no reason to change direction there, especially when I can get them at Walmart for $6-something. We had a lot of highway miles on this run, including vacation from Indiana and taking Route 66 out to California. Also, my wife is commuting once a week to Louisville for work, so there’s another 1,000 miles a month of highway driving, not including any weekend fun trips. I suspected the report would be on par with previous reports, but everything exceeded my expectations.

89742A0F-CBD2-4225-978D-C2AF86857720.jpeg

Those highway miles make for an excellent candidate for extended drains. I’d run it 15k based on these results but in reality, I wouldn’t be surprised if you reach 20k miles on the oil with barely any increase in detectible metals in the sample. 😜👍🏻

I currently use the same oil ( Amsoil SS 5w30) in my 2019 Corolla le, everything looks perfect, the engine is quiet and the performance as it should be, in addition to the peace of mind…

I’d not taken an oil this far before, so I was a little cautious taking it much farther until I saw how it did going nearly 2 1/2 times longer on the OCI than the previous run (Valvoline ML FS 5w30). Very good results. TBN was identical to the previous 5300 mile run with the MaxLife. The OEM Toyota filters continue to do well, and I’m seeing no reason to change direction there, especially when I can get them at Walmart for $6-something. We had a lot of highway miles on this run, including vacation from Indiana and taking Route 66 out to California. Also, my wife is commuting once a week to Louisville for work, so there’s another 1,000 miles a month of highway driving, not including any weekend fun trips. I suspected the report would be on par with previous reports, but everything exceeded my expectations.

View attachment 65026
I know this is six months old. Pretty impressive and the fact one Toyota filter was used. I’ve been back and fourth with Amsoil, currently using 0W30 in my Tacoma 4.0L. My plan is to take it to 10K. I should do a uoa just to see how it’s doing.

I know this is six months old. Pretty impressive and the fact one Toyota filter was used. I’ve been back and fourth with Amsoil, currently using 0W30 in my Tacoma 4.0L. My plan is to take it to 10K. I should do a uoa just to see how it’s doing.
I’ve got the same combo in it after I did this UOA, and I’ll test it again. I’m within 1k miles of changing it at the 12,500 mark, but may stretch it out another 1k since I’m not too keen on changing it out during the winter here in Indiana. But if I catch a decent day in the next month in the 50’s, I drop it and send in the sample. Stay tuned.

Back